1.    #1  
    I was grumbling on a thread the other week that my Pre3 had died and "What would I do now?"

Buy a second brand new Pre3 turned out to be the answer on this occasion. I was surprised and happy to find that this was still possible. A very welcome surprise because I did look around at the alternatives (various Android and Windows Phones) but they just were not appealing.

I can report that the backup (and restore) servers are still working nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvispre View Post
    I was grumbling on a thread the other week that my Pre3 had died and "What would I do now?"

Buy a second brand new Pre3 turned out to be the answer on this occasion. I was surprised and happy to find that this was still possible. A very welcome surprise because I did look around at the alternatives (various Android and Windows Phones) but they just were not appealing.

I can report that the backup (and restore) servers are still working nicely.
    Welcome back!
    What are your plans with the dead Pre3?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Welcome back!
    What are your plans with the dead Pre3?
    Oh, I got PMed about it already so it is the post to the Netherlands as I write.

My "plan" would have been for it to sit next to the quite broken Pre in my box^H^H^Hmuseum of old electronics.

Actually, the Pre did me a turn again for a few weeks while I dealt with this situation. My immediate solution - to switch back to using an old feature phone - was just too horrible. Have you used predictive texting lately? Uggh! So despite its partially dead touchscreen, out came the first generation Pre.