webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > All working ~ except the phone!
All working ~ except the phone!
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12/23/2012, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 209
For a reason unknown to me my Pre3 phone app ceases to make any calls. I can receive calls ok but cannot dial out. Numbers can be entered but as soon as the green 'dial' button is pressed, the number disappears!
Help please. I have restored my phone, installed reset apps in Preware but nothing has fixed this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
SmittyD's Avatar
 
Posts: 25
I feel your pain. There are a few posts in the Pre3 Bugs sticky in the forum, with no answers or solutions. You can dial out by using the hardware keyboard to enter the number. Give that a try.

I've been using my Pre3 this way for months, hoping for a fix. It will dial out, using the phone app, if the number entered has less than seven digits. It seems like a software issue that ought to be simple to correct.

For what it's worth, I'm on Verizon in North Carolina, USA.
SmittyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD View Post
I feel your pain. There are a few posts in the Pre3 Bugs sticky in the forum, with no answers or solutions. You can dial out by using the hardware keyboard to enter the number. Give that a try.

I've been using my Pre3 this way for months, hoping for a fix. It will dial out, using the phone app, if the number entered has less than seven digits. It seems like a software issue that ought to be simple to correct.

For what it's worth, I'm on Verizon in North Carolina, USA.
Thanks for your comments.
I wonder what is causing this? Have you tried doctoring?
I know what you re saying about a keyboard but it isn't practical carrying one with me. Besides, I can still dial using the Pre dialpad so dialing isn't the issue - it's when I select the dial button that the number I dialed disappears. In addition, I have tried dialing using my Touchpad but this gives a different error without dialing out! I wondered whether I had enough credit on my sim too but I do.
I may doctor if you haven't tried this yet. Do let me know.
Thanks again.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
For a reason unknown to me my Pre3 phone app ceases to make any calls. I can receive calls ok but cannot dial out. Numbers can be entered but as soon as the green 'dial' button is pressed, the number disappears!
Help please. I have restored my phone, installed reset apps in Preware but nothing has fixed this problem.
Thanks in advance.
There is a solution see Cannot use onscreen dial pad to make outbound calls

Ciao Scholle3000
Scholle3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
SmittyD's Avatar
 
Posts: 25
Scholle3000's solution fixed my issues with dialing out when I set up the new profile. But, now I have the issue where "Preferences & Accounts" is grayed out in HP Apps. I can't view or download any paid apps.

I've searched the forums and haven't found a fix. Repeatedly swiping down from the upper left corner is only accomplishing wearing a callous on my finger.

Any help here? Thanks in advance!
SmittyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD View Post
Scholle3000's solution fixed my issues with dialing out when I set up the new profile. But, now I have the issue where "Preferences & Accounts" is grayed out in HP Apps. I can't view or download any paid apps.

I've searched the forums and haven't found a fix. Repeatedly swiping down from the upper left corner is only accomplishing wearing a callous on my finger.

Any help here? Thanks in advance!
I can provide you with my experience and hope it may help you in some way.
I had the same issue of the phone not connecting using the screen. I had a couple of other issues with it too. To resolve it I deleted the profile from the Palm/HP webos website. After several minutes (to allow their servers to exchange info and delete all the account information) I doctored the phone. I reinstalled using my original profile name and my paid apps re-appeared ;-) I wasn't sure wether they would or not but since my profile was also needed for my tablet my account didn't get fully deleted - only the phone side of it.

I now have a working phone with my original apps on it ;-)

Let me know if this method works for you.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0