webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pics loading 4ever + missed call sound + vibrating tapping
Pics loading 4ever + missed call sound + vibrating tapping

Old 12/17/2012, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

I just though I'd accomunate a few issues in one post, if anyone can give us a tip on how to solve one or all them I'd appreciate it:

1) The photo app keeps getting stuck, it just loads forever with the circle in the middle going and going while the pics never load up, I've installed the Media Indexer Refresh but it's not working anymore (it used to), now only restarting it solves the issue (sometimes).

2) Systems sounds is off yet the sound after a missed call just won't go away, can't understand how to correct that, wasn't there a patch to disable silly useless phone sounds?

3) Phone vibrates when I tap the display, is this resettable?
Old 12/18/2012, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Going through the forum I found this solution to issue 2) which should apparently work, I say apparently as I still haven't tried it:
go to /usr/share/systemsounds/ and rename sysmgr_alert.pcm to sysmgr_alert.pcm.old
Old 07/15/2014, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Having just been through this, I'd like to report that in order to disable the missed call and voice message notifications, neither of which can be disabled through an option, the following file must be replaced, renamed, or deleted depending on your preference:

/usr/share/systemsounds/sysmgr_notification.pcm

Renaming sysmgr_alert.pcm did nothing on my 1.4.5.1 Pixi Plus.
salimoneus is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0