webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > BEWARE Chinese screens...
BEWARE Chinese screens...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By patapoof
  • 1 Post By patapoof

Old 12/12/2012, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Lens for HP Palm Pre 3 Replacement Parts Tools | eBay ...I was ready to buy it to have it on hand ...asked seller a question & was told listing is wrong and it is a screen for a VEER !! ...looks correct on photo ...likely a VEER ...but seller already sold 5 of them and has 6 more listed and has NOT corrected the listing ...wachit !!
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Man there was a post about that posting looking like a Veer screen somewhere now I need to find it...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Man there was a post about that posting looking like a Veer screen somewhere now I need to find it...
no axe to grind over this ...I got a fast reply ...didn't want to spoil the guy's biz on ebay ...but some might take the plunge and wind up with a no good piece ...if the guy were right he would pull down the sale and put it up correctly ...there sure would be a market for the VEER screen too ...it's all chineeez2me !!

I went looking to stock a spare for my Pre 3 since I carry it around ...and I will keep it forever even if I shut off the fone eventually and use it as a wifi micro-tablet around the house ...my fondest hope would be to put an app on it for my security webcams (I posted elsewhere for this) and be able to do this without needing an android fone (yecch!) ...oh, well ...now I use cm9 on touchad to do this ...all that for this one thing...
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 12/12/2012, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

found the thread, linked to this thread since they are different sellers... looks like both are selling Veer screens as Pre3 screen though (different images too)

Could be an intentional scam, I wonder if they will be as open and honest once one has purchased and the screen has been shipped to the US...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
found the thread, linked to this thread since they are different sellers... looks like both are selling Veer screens as Pre3 screen though (different images too)

Could be an intentional scam, I wonder if they will be as open and honest once one has purchased and the screen has been shipped to the US...
They responded quickly to my ebay message from the one I was viewing and told me not to get it because it was an error and really for the VEER ...is it possible they don't know how to take it down or fix the listing? if they were to contact ebay, they would get help with that... anyway, better to be informed than to waste $$$...

they are power seller level and in the first few pages I didn't see anyone who put up negative feedback about this item...
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover
Old 08/30/2013, 01:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

LCD DISPLAY+TOUCH SCREEN DIGITIZER+ Frame For HP Palm Pre 3 Black looks ok I took the plunge

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LCD-DISP...-/290927374647
modelnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0