webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > BBC iPlayer on Pre 3
BBC iPlayer on Pre 3
  Closed Thread

Old 12/11/2012, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I know there is a thread for the touchpad, but has anyone else lost access to the BBC iPlayer recently with a Pre 3

My bookmark is listed as bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio but now when accessing the site on the Pre 3 it links to bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/radio and tells me my device is not supported. Which when looking at their FAQs it isnt in the list.

Yet it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago.

I sent a report to the BBC and got the following reply.
"Thanks for contacting the BBC iPlayer Support Team.

I understand that you are unable to access BBC iPlayer on your mobile phone. I also note that you have checked the FAQ that lists supported mobile devices and found that your device is not compatible with BBC iPlayer.

It may be possible to access BBC iPlayer through the browser of an unsupported device but we cannot guarantee a consistent service. The list of supported devices is always growing and we hope that you will be able to access BBC iPlayer on your mobile phone in the future.

Your enquiry has been used to inform a daily report which is sent to the BBC iPlayer team, including the head of BBC iPlayer.

If we identify a trend from feedback received, when we feel it can help others, we'll update our help site accordingly, but unfortunately we do not offer a service for individual technical issues or for queries that are not directly related to BBC iPlayer support.

We do appreciate the time taken to submit your enquiry as all feedback received helps us to develop and improve the service.

Once again, thank you for contacting us."

Now I was just wondering if we all sent a report to see if they would actually update their sytems?

Failing that do I need to locate a patch to spoof the browser settings?

Thanks
Old 12/11/2012, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Please see the following thread for the discussion on this topic:

Lost access to BBC iplayer

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0