Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slight9 View Post
    UPDATE:
    @Geekpeter - Took it off the charger at 8pm last night and installed all those patches you pointed to. The only two I didn't install are Quiet Powered Messages and Light sensitive dimming. When I took it off, Dr. Battery had it at 100% full (although the charge itself was less than 1200, and Dr. Battery has it rated at 1218, which still lower than the 1230 it's supposed to be). I went to sleep at 12am with 89%, and woke up to an alarm (on the phone) at 83%. I guess that's normal. Doesn't seem good, but doesn't seem bad. My Govnah profile has max freq with screenstate off set to 330Mhz.

Anyway, I checked emails and read some news and I'm at 80% now. I'll update later today.
    as RumoredNow mentions, change your email check frequency to longer durations or manual (i use manual for phone, auto for tablet), i also have mine set to only show 3 days worth rather than everything, my pre3 is also my alarm clock for work (my watch is my backup alarm), and my battery when fully charged before midnight then taken off charging is still 100% in the morning.

i also have a mode switcher profile to turn off things i dont need or want on when im sleeping, so the bluetooth/wifi/data/phone is turned off, phone/data turns back on an hour after i wake up, off again when working, back on 5mins before 1st break and lunch and off when not on break, then all off again until im home and my wifi turns on instead.

if you have a predictable daily routine with regards to times you commonly use certain features you can help matters automating the process, its still fine manually altering things inbetween ofc.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    RumoredNow and retroblu like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ...i also have a mode switcher profile to turn off things i dont need or want on when im sleeping, so the bluetooth/wifi/data/phone is turned off, phone/data turns back on an hour after i wake up, off again when working, back on 5mins before 1st break and lunch and off when not on break, then all off again until im home and my wifi turns on instead.....
    DUDE

That's like stuff from the year 2025. Awesome in the extreme. I gotta look into this mode switcher. I never saw it laid out clearly (like you just have) what it is exactly that mode switcher does for the user.

Thanks for the recommend.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    DUDE

That's like stuff from the year 2025. Awesome in the extreme. I gotta look into this mode switcher. I never saw it laid out clearly (like you just have) what it is exactly that mode switcher does for the user.

might take a while perfecting it to how you want but its worth it imho.

EDIT: its phone only if i recall, so no touchpad magic.
    Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I actually already do most of what you suggested (except Mode Switcher):
    Radios are all off, all the time, and then I turn one of them on via Device menu to manually check my email.
    I also keep GPS off all the time.

Mode Switcher sounds good, but may not be right for me. I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the tip.

It could be simply the phone radio searching for signal. I have full bars on T-Mobile where I am, but who knows. I know that RumoedNow wants me on ST So, we'll see how things go this month and I can switch if need be.

RumoredNow, you may not have seen my question in another thread: Do you still like the Mugen 1400 and recommend it?

Thanks everyone for the help.
    RumoredNow, you may not have seen my question in another thread: Do you still like the Mugen 1400 and recommend it?
    Answered over there.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    @slight9

Push email, GPS on and searching for signal are some of the biggest battery drainers.

I always set my email accounts to manual, but I don''t get a lot of email and almost none for business. I realize manual refresh for email is not for everyone.

Try the GPS in Device Menu patch. It's the most convenient place, IMHO, to have the toggle. I leave GPS off unless I need it for something (maps, certain web needs). I'd also run the GPS Icon on Top Bar patch so you have a reminder to toggle GPS off when not needed...

Along with some of the system optimization and log taming advice from earlier, try these Patches as well:
    Disk Cache Mod
    EOM Overlord
    Unthrottle Download Manager

There isn't much you can do if your daily routine takes you places where the phone is constantly searching for signal or trying to switch between 2G/3G... If you suspect that is the case you can look in dialer preferences and toggle data use off when you are in those types of places.

I do the same with GPS, but I used the advanced menu patches to control all that stuff
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    DUDE

mode switcher is awesome, but I am not disciplined enough to set it up that crazy, actually haven't even got my profiles setup on my Pre3 ever...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quick Update:
    It's been 26 hours since I unplugged the charger, and I'm sitting pretty at 51% battery left. Of course, I didn't use it much at all today (manual email check twice and a few new articles over WiFi, texting and a short phone call), but hey, I'll take it.

I think the Muffle Logging, and Screenstate max freq at 245Mhz with UberKernel are getting me the most savings.

Thanks so much for the help, @GeekPeter and @RumoredNow.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quick Update:
    It's been 26 hours since I unplugged the charger, and I'm sitting pretty at 51% battery left. Of course, I didn't use it much at all today (manual email check twice and a few new articles over WiFi, texting and a short phone call), but hey, I'll take it.

I think the Muffle Logging, and Screenstate max freq at 245Mhz with UberKernel are getting me the most savings.

Thanks so much for the help, @GeekPeter and @RumoredNow.
    n1, getting there, still weird you lost as much battery power when the phone was idle overnight tho.
  10.    #50  
    Does anyone knows how to get the phone to support Thai fonts?
    Final Update:
    The battery hit 5% at 4:30pm, for a grand total of roughly 44 hours on the full charge. It looks like if I don't use it at all it drains a bit less than 2% per hour. I started using it towards the end and made some calls/texts. @geekpeter, I'm not sure why I lose so much overnight, either. I lost about 5% or 6% last night from 12-8am, which is the same as the night before.

Thanks again for all the help, and to Hold_Ur_breath for not freaking out that I plopped myself down in this thread Cheers.
    Final Update:
    The battery hit 5% at 4:30pm, for a grand total of roughly 44 hours on the full charge. It looks like if I don't use it at all it drains a bit less than 2% per hour. I started using it towards the end and made some calls/texts. @geekpeter, I'm not sure why I lose so much overnight, either. I lost about 5% or 6% last night from 12-8am, which is the same as the night before.

Thanks again for all the help, and to Hold_Ur_breath for not freaking out that I plopped myself down in this thread Cheers.
    Overnight loss is probably due to backups or some syncs. Backups shouldn't be that big of a deal unless you've got a lot of data and your network connectivity sucks.
  13.    #53  
    Lol. slight9 you can drop by any time
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Overnight loss is probably due to backups or some syncs. Backups shouldn't be that big of a deal unless you've got a lot of data and your network connectivity sucks.
    I don't think I have any backups running. Are there automatic backups that I do not know about? I have all the radios turned off, except for the actual cell service radio (i.e. I'm not in Airplane mode). So, even if there was some backup running, it wouldn't be able to do anything. [As a note, I lost 6% last night, too.]
    There's an automatic backup that usually runs during late night. I don't think it activates if it can't connect to the Internet, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    There's an automatic backup that usually runs during late night. I don't think it activates if it can't connect to the Internet, though.
    But won't it keep reaching out to try and backup?

I've never been sure on how you set the time of backup on your own. I do know it s at approx the same time each day. Maybe try doing a manual backup earlier in the evening before you would normally shut down the radio for the night. See if that establishes an earlier time for daily backup.

Launcher > System > Back Up > Back Up Now

Mobile Nations Devotee
    retroblu likes this.
    I'm not sure when exactly the backup starts. All I can get is it runs daily. And apparently there's an Internet requirement in the scheduled activity, so maybe it doesn't actually run until there is an Internet connection.
    Hmm, interesting. I checked and Backup is set to ON and it says it was last backed up this morning at 8am, which is when I woke up and checked emails. So, that makes sense. Obviously, I'm not sure if it repeatedly started up in the middle of the night and checked to see if there was Internet. But this is good to know. I'm turning it off as I don't add contacts frequently, use imap (not POP), and don't care about my text messages that much.

Thanks for the tip, GMMan.
    Just note that turning off backups also deletes backups off of HP's servers. I'm not sure why they designed it like that. It's probably better to just remove the scheduled activity instead.
    This may be a bit off topic but i just bought a pre 3 and im curious to know if anyone knows the name of this theme and if its available on preware.
    check it here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast