webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Need Recs for Stable Access of Cloud Files!
Need Recs for Stable Access of Cloud Files!

Old 12/10/2012, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

I own a Pre 3 and ever since May and even earlier, my Smart Office and Quick Office lost their ability to access my cloud files in Dropbox and Google Docs. Owing to my previous hassle-free experience with both apps I let it slide and simply waited to see if the problem would fix itself or be fixed in an update. Neither happened. Now it's been way too long and I NEED a stable method of accessing my cloud files or I need to drop this device... Which is a shame since it has been wonderful to use otherwise and I love text editing on this device.

Any suggestions?
Aith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

You can download the files from your cloud service provider. Both Smart Office and QuickOffice uses Synergy, so I suspect you have some configuration problems there.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You can download the files from your cloud service provider. Both Smart Office and QuickOffice uses Synergy, so I suspect you have some configuration problems there.

The touchpad client uses synergy, not the phones...

The easy way to fix, use apptuckerbox (from preware), to install quick office/adobe reader for touchpad, look in the synergy forum, to get and install the google/dropbox/box.net synergy connectors..

Works well....
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
The touchpad client uses synergy, not the phones...

The easy way to fix, use apptuckerbox (from preware), to install quick office/adobe reader for touchpad, look in the synergy forum, to get and install the google/dropbox/box.net synergy connectors..

Works well....
Whoops, didn't know which forum I was in. What does the phone versions use? Their own API?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Whoops, didn't know which forum I was in. What does the phone versions use? Their own API?
Yes they both have their own in-app connector which seems to be broke... Using the touchpad version of quick office also give one edit and create ability... Picsel, a little harder as they invoked the crypto key to lock the app to your touchpad, webOS 2.2.4 does not have the ability to use the crypto keys to lock an app... (the old red screen issue when WiFi was off)...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

My best bet would be to use the app on the device, save it to device then you dropboxify or the box.com app to sync.

Not sure how well it will work for daily us, but it is a work around.

I swear I remember seeing someone fixing the box.com app for phones.

Other option is maybe there could be a patch created to fix the sync (this is out of my realm though)
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0