Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    Since my 1st post (#1) there has been lot of pleasant development.

My brother sent me a Touchpad since he was not using it much. This TP was recently sent by his friend in USA since he was not using it much.

So I had a real chance to compare performance of my Android Tab with TP. And so I did it with TP booted on WebOS as well as TP booted on ICS.

I find that TP is as smooth as butter and snappy as well in both OS, WebOS as well as ICS.

My Android tab is also having almost similar basic specifications. It is 7 inch screen size compared to 9.7 inch for TP. But screen resolution is same 1024x600. It has same 1GB RAM, 8GB storage memory (similar to my Pre3), 1.2GHz CPU (TP and Pre3 has 1.2 GHz duel core)

So the only fundamental difference is Dual core Vs Single core. Will this make the device snappy and interface as smooth as "butter"? Or that TP's hardware is better tuned and optimized?
    put on cyanogen mod 9 and you can compare on the touchpad itself ...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    put on cyanogen mod 9 and you can compare on the touchpad itself ...
    I think he already has, mentioned TP booted on ICS
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I think he already has, mentioned TP booted on ICS
    I already am behaving as if I am hung over from new year excesses !! LOL !!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
    Webos was developed with the lessons Palm had learned from it's PalmOS roots. The new OS needed to truly multitask and that's exactly what they created. Just like iOS and Android, multitasking was an afterthought in PalmOS and whenever I pick up a device by Apple or the Android clan, I can't help but feel transported back in time to when I had my old Palm TX or Tungsten. Heck it even feels like my old Palm III. I really feel WebOS has got the next generation OS. It's too bad it can't seem to get any traction in the market.
    Funny... Verizon has blanketed the air with TV ads about how you can surf and talk at the same time. Sheesh... I already could do that with my Motorola A3100 windows mobile phone before I got the Pre 3 which also multitasks very smoothly... I was, to tell the truth, shocked to know there were devices "not" capable of doing just that !!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12