Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By mattmers
  • 1 Post By Jimbode
  1.    #1  
    Is the build quality of the HP Pre 3 better then the Palm Pre 2? My (pre 2) sliding is really rickety and the unlock button does not work sometimes.
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Can't compare to the Pre 2, but it's much better than the original Pre. Much more solid feel (the Pre- would sometimes reboot when opening the slider!). I've never had a problem with the unlock button.
    I have both here on my desk. The Pre 3 feels a lot slicker, and has a lot nicer feel to it in general. Also it's shape is a bit more modern. In general I would say the Pre 3 feels a lot more expensive and steady compared to the Pre 2.
    I dropped mine several times already, induced a few dents and scratches, but phone works fine. I didn't even create oreos like my Pre did after just one small drop.

Enough said.
    I agree, having had a Pre+, Pre 2 and Pixi+, the Pre 3 is leaps and bounds better. Getting the back off is my only complaint, thankfully I don't have to do it often.
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    The pre 3 is built as a phone should be, I have dropped it many times, it keeps on ticking ,

I have two I'm buying a third as a back up, I will be happy with this phone for years I think
  7.    #7  
    cool but its a bit out of my price range, so hows the build quality of the veer?
    The Veer is great phone too. Build quality is similar, just smaller. Been using mine for over a year and still very happy with it :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp and mattmers like this.
  9.    #9  
    ordered a Pre 3 and got it Monday. Its amazing and I completely love it.
    Jimbode likes this.
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    ordered a Pre 3 and got it Monday. Its amazing and I completely love it.
    +1 Got mine on Wednesday.
    mattmers likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    +1 Got mine on Wednesday.
    Moving on up lol