webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre 3 and Pre 2 Comparison
Pre 3 and Pre 2 Comparison
Like Tree10Likes

Old 11/23/2012, 01:03 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
Some day I'll do a nice little one year review of my Pre3.
Now that would be really interesting, hope you get to it some time soon. I am no expert but i wanna play around with it too. And since we are on the subject, which apps, tweaks, patches do you think are an absolute must? Might as well put all suggestions here so future users/potential buyers have some references.

What i've done so far was overclock it but only to 1.5 and honestly i don't think it needs it, it is very responsive contrary to things that i had read. All the advanced patches (reset, menu etc) have been installed, preware of course. I had a smooth transition from the treo 750 to the pre by syncing my contacts to outlook 2003 on windows xp, exporting them as a csv (windows option) and importing that file to google contacts which synced instantly with the pre 3. As far as apps go, i installed google maps, birthday list, internalz pro, classic note, some notes apps and some other stuff. Looking for a good list app, to help with groceries and/or reminders, lists in general.

Anything else that is a must, especially tweaks/patches that improve existing apps? For example is there something similar to the pdf patch that immensely improves the adobe reader in the Touchpad? And any synergies between pre 3 and TP that are useful?

Last edited by kkalogia; 11/23/2012 at 01:14 AM.
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 02:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

well i have that Adobe pdf patch installed even on Pre2. It has some downsides (sometimes you need landscape for some menues) but all in all more PDFs are displayed correctly. so should work on Pre3 too.

[PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 02:34 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
well i have that Adobe pdf patch installed even on Pre2. It has some downsides (sometimes you need landscape for some menues) but all in all more PDFs are displayed correctly. so should work on Pre3 too.

[PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements
Thx gizmo21, was hoping for this, can anyone else confirm it for pre 3? I thought it was a patch for adobe reader on TP. Pre 3 has adobe viewer so i guess it's something different more simple, if i install the patch on Pre 3 does it install a separate adobe reader app, or patches the adobe viewer?
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0