Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    I just bought a new-in-the-box HP Pre 3 for Verizon on eBay. I'm not tech-savvy, so I took it to the Verizon store to have the contacts transferred from my old Palm Pre and to have to have the new Pre 3 activated. After messing with the phone for about 45 minutes, the technician said she could not activate it without knowing the passcode. If the seller does not know (or send me) the passcode, is there a way to activate the phone without it? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by park0815 View Post
    I just bought a new-in-the-box HP Pre 3 for Verizon on eBay. I'm not tech-savvy, so I took it to the Verizon store to have the contacts transferred from my old Palm Pre and to have to have the new Pre 3 activated. After messing with the phone for about 45 minutes, the technician said she could not activate it without knowing the passcode. If the seller does not know (or send me) the passcode, is there a way to activate the phone without it? Thanks!
    The passcode for what? Where are you being prompted for a passcode?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    The passcode for what? Where are you being prompted for a passcode?
    Thanks for your reply. The Verizon rep showed me a blue screen asking for a passcode to unlock. After leaving the store, I have not been able to get to find that screen myself. When I turn on the phone, I get a screen that asks the language. After I tap English, the Terms & Conditions for Palm sebOS services appears. After I tap Accept, the Phone Activation screen comes up, but message "Programming failed" appears. Then I get a blue screen with yellow triangle containing an exclamation point telling me to call Verizon Customer Service, which I did. Although my old Palm Pre had been deactivated from the Verizon system, I could not activate the new phone. I'm wondering if I should return the Pre 3 and buy a Pre 2 instead. Would a Pre 2 be simpler for a novice?
    Sure would be easier, I have one I'd be glad to trade. :-)
    My Pre 3 wouldn't boot, it was stuck on the HP logo, and the veterans here were able to help me get it going, no doubt we can get the Pre 3 working. Look through the Verizon Pre 3 activation thread.
    There are a few codes MSL six zeros, unlock code (dberts gsm unlock tool), but every Pre3 I have seen is already unlocked, usbpass...

Assume they were in the debug screen which would require MSL code.
    Did you Doctor it up to 2.2.3 or 2.2.4???

Reports are that is needed for a Vzw activation...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    fxspec06 likes this.
    You don't need to have contacts, etc. moved. When you log in to your profile on your new phone all that info including apps get transferred to the new phone (except preware and homebrews).

As for initial activation, you MUST Doctor to 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 prior to activation. After you do all that and get past all the T&Cs you will tap on the activation screen and it's automatic. If that fails, tap on the phone icon at the bottom and tap emergency call. Use the back arrow to remove the pre-filled 911 and dial *22890 send. It's quite easy really.
    If you disagree with me, please keep it civil.
    Should I disagree with you, you shall hear Ezekiel 25:17