Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    If I was to snatch up one of the tasty pre 3's for VW on ebay, does anyone here know if it could be activated and used on one of Verizon's pre-paid $50/month plans?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Alternatively, does anyone know of an inexpensive local carrier (I'm in Utah) carrier that I could activate a pre 3 on? I'd be willing to get the GSM instead of Verizon if I needed to...
    Last edited by cwhead321; 10/29/2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: grammar
    Look into Straight Talk, you will need GSM, but I have heard good things. (Search thread titles here for Striaght Talk you will find a few threads and Pre3 specific ones).

Not sure how VZW works their prepaid plans, but since you would have to give them the ID the *could* block it from pre-paid depending on policy.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Reports are that Page Plus cellular will activate a Verizon device so long as it has a clean ESN...

And they offer value plans.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm on Page Plus with a Pre 3 and my wife's Pre 2. Excellent Verizon coverage and no need to fiddle with APNs or anything else. You do have to doctor to 2.2.3 or 4 FIRST before activating (that applies to Verizon as well). One caveat, webOS does use a bit of data with background apps. PP has the $29.95 plan w/ 1200 minutes, 3000 texts and 100mb of data but you will chew that up just with nightly Palm back-ups. They're upping the data to 250 megs after October 31st but if that's not enough for you, get the "55" which gives you unlimited talk & text with 2 gigs of data for, wait for it, $55.

I was on Straight Talk w/GSM Pre 2s before, but the coverage and congested data traffic in Miami was too much for me.
    If you disagree with me, please keep it civil.
    Should I disagree with you, you shall hear Ezekiel 25:17
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue View Post
    I'm on Page Plus with a Pre 3 and my wife's Pre 2. Excellent Verizon coverage and no need to fiddle with APNs or anything else. You do have to doctor to 2.2.3 or 4 FIRST before activating (that applies to Verizon as well). One caveat, webOS does use a bit of data with background apps. PP has the $29.95 plan w/ 1200 minutes, 3000 texts and 100mb of data but you will chew that up just with nightly Palm back-ups. They're upping the data to 250 megs after October 31st but if that's not enough for you, get the "55" which gives you unlimited talk & text with 2 gigs of data for, wait for it, $55.

I was on Straight Talk w/GSM Pre 2s before, but the coverage and congested data traffic in Miami was too much for me.
    What happens if you do not doctor to 2.2.3 o4 4 FIRST before activating (for Page Plus or Verizon)?
    Quote Originally Posted by park0815 View Post
    What happens if you do not doctor to 2.2.3 o4 4 FIRST before activating (for Page Plus or Verizon)?
    Won't activate, it's that simple. I don't know the whys and wherefores, just that it is.
    If you disagree with me, please keep it civil.
    Should I disagree with you, you shall hear Ezekiel 25:17
    hmm. Any other Verizon prepaid resellers out there? Page Plus looks decent, but reasonably confusing, compared to Straight Talk. I just came up with a couple of Verizon webOS devices and would like to hook up one or two for the family.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: