Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Sidecutter
  • 1 Post By Xeron
  1.    #1  
    Well, my original Sprint Pre was finally about ready to be replaced, as it was getting pretty beat up after two and a half years, even though still running perfectly. My options were either to get a new phone entirely, or get another original Pre either to replace it, or to provide new parts for repair, and I am incredibly loathe to give up my sweet, sweet WebOS.

I ended up deciding to go with a nice, shiny new Verizon Pre 3. Got what I feel is a good price for one at $225, especially given that I'd need to spend at least $200 out of pocket for a decent phone of any other kind.

For anyone stil looking, I activated mine on Page Plus Cellular on the 55 Plan after porting my number and it was smooth as butter. I'm working on getting Preare on it now, but I already see that they solved my one serious physical complaint about the original, which was that the original was a little too small to nestle comfortably in your hand without a case.

Here's hoping Open WebOS will be nicely matured and fairly widely compatible by the time I need another new phone in a few years...
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    welcome to the pre 3 club. Bittersweet sums up the experience; the phone just so great that it makes it all the worse that HP abandoned it.
    carldc likes this.
  3.    #3  
    What really stumps me is that no one has picked up WebOS officially yet. There's some projects with it, but no large company has adopted it that I can see. Considering it seems to have the most well-thought layout of all four major possibilities (iOS, WebOS, Android, Windows Phone), it seems odd no one looked at it and went "Holy crap you mean we can have THAT for FREE?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    welcome to the pre 3 club. Bittersweet sums up the experience; the phone just so great that it makes it all the worse that HP abandoned it.
    amen!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
    What really stumps me is that no one has picked up WebOS officially yet. There's some projects with it, but no large company has adopted it that I can see. Considering it seems to have the most well-thought layout of all four major possibilities (iOS, WebOS, Android, Windows Phone), it seems odd no one looked at it and went "Holy crap you mean we can have THAT for FREE?"
    No one will ever run with WebOS, cause it gives the user TOO much control and the ability to SAFEGUARD their data from the cloud.
    Its a fantastic piece of hardware. I am sure you will love it. Just wish I had the funds right now to spend on something like that.
    BlackBerry or WebOS!!! NEVER ANDROID!!!
    There just arent too many of them out there. I gave the wife my iphone, and loving my Pre3