Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hi Community
    I do own an AT&T US 16 GB modell with a English language WebOs and would like to replace/ modify /alterate the WebOS into a German language WebOs.
    If there is somebody who can give me a step by step introduction I would very much appreciate that.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  
    I think the easiest way is to doctor the phone using the EU version of webOS 2.2.x, do a quick search on how to do this, it's quite easy n it should (don't quote me) be safe. That will give you german language options and a bit more space.

    Planning on doing it myself soon (just to have more space tbh) if you want to wait for results
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    I think the easiest way is to doctor the phone using the EU version of webOS 2.2.x, do a quick search on how to do this, it's quite easy n it should (don't quote me) be safe. That will give you german language options and a bit more space.

    Planning on doing it myself soon (just to have more space tbh) if you want to wait for results
    Thanks webOS nomad will wait for you due I would be really a newbie in something like this. Maybe you can give me after your experience a step by step introduction. Again thanks in advance!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Thanks webOS nomad will wait for you due I would be really a newbie in something like this. Maybe you can give me after your experience a step by step introduction. Again thanks in advance!
    Hi webosNomad any news? Greetings!
  5. #5  
    Lade dir hier den Doctor herunter, lade dein Pre 3 voll auf, starte den Doctor und folge den Bildschirmanweisungen.

    Das Gerät wird dabei komplett zurückgesetzt.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    Lade dir hier den Doctor herunter, lade dein Pre 3 voll auf, starte den Doctor und folge den Bildschirmanweisungen.

    Das Gerät wird dabei komplett zurückgesetzt.
    Wich Doctor shall I download, this is is an US AT&T Pre 3 with 16GB, that means I have to complete erase the US version of the webOS and replace it by a German webOS version. Are you sure it works as easy as you described it? Sorry to questioning you but I don't like to turn my device to "Briefbeschwerer" paperweight.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Wich Doctor shall I download, this is is an US AT&T Pre 3 with 16GB, that means I have to complete erase the US version of the webOS and replace it by a German webOS version. Are you sure it works as easy as you described it? Sorry to questioning you but I don't like to turn my device to "Briefbeschwerer" paperweight.
    The "wich" I already seen in your post, sorry for that, but still does it really work so easy out.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    The "wich" I already seen in your post, sorry for that, but still does it really work so easy out.
    No. It is not that easy.

    The Doctor for European Pre 3 will not install on North American Pre 3. You will get an "Incorrect Model" error and the Doctor will not run...

    There is a build script in Meta-Doctor for AT&T Pre 3 to impersonate the WR version (That would allow the North American version to flash the European Doctor.)

    I suggest a trip to webOS Internals to read up on Meta-Doctoring. Application:MetaDoctor-DE - WebOS Internals
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    No. It is not that easy.

    The Doctor for European Pre 3 will not install on North American Pre 3. You will get an "Incorrect Model" error and the Doctor will not run...

    There is a build script in Meta-Doctor for AT&T Pre 3 to impersonate the WR version (That would allow the North American version to flash the European Doctor.)

    I suggest a trip to webOS Internals to read up on Meta-Doctoring. Application:MetaDoctor-DE - WebOS Internals
    Jee thats really complicated! It is a step by step explanation but still a lot which can go wrong! Is there anybody in Germany or Switzerland who can do that for me and has some experience?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Jee thats really complicated! It is a step by step explanation but still a lot which can go wrong! Is there anybody in Germany or Switzerland who can do that for me and has some experience?
    It is a lot... I'm just starting to learn Meta-Doctoring.

    My first attempt was a fail. I tried to use the script that adds Touch to Share to my Veer 2.1.2 and it broke the bluetooth connection I had established with TouchPad. I had to Doctor back to the original. I'll try again though - I was in a hurry the first time and might have ran past an error message.

    All in all it is a good learning experience... Not a quick fix by any means. Still, I look at it as something worth learning how to do correctly that will give me a better understanding of my device and how webOS works.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  11. #11  
    Sorry, been working my rear off, will look into it when I have more time
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)

Posting Permissions