1.    #1  
    i took the plunge and got a t-mo sim because they're offering free activation til halloween. i put the sim in, actv'd, and set the manual apn settings as indicated. i got an E for edge. booo.

i tested mms pic mail and it rx/tx ok.

i drove to work the next morning, going south into Atlanta. the 3G icon lit up in Sandy Springs, and i had a full 5 bars inside a 5 story office bldg. i went to speedtest dot net and did 3 tests. they were 7, 8, and 9 Mbps. cool!

later i tested it driving west across the top-end perimeter toward Smyrna. even though i was on an interstate, it dropped back to E but returned to 3G when i got near I-75. checking airportal.de confirms the same coverage in locations i was at.

tonite in smyrna with 3 bars 3G indicated, it tested 3x at 3Mbps. then i connected to the hotel's attwifi and it tested at .9Mbps. yes, point-9.

i dont know what those speeds are relative to; anyone else is welcome to chime in with some test results for contrast.

unfortunately my pandora stream kept pausing. it didnt do this on straight talk IIRC. anyone familiar with this? it's irritating. but i was kinda impressed with how well it streamed on Edge, when it was streaming. but it just keeps pausing, similar to pulling the headset out of the socket. but i was using a BT stereo headset. i'll have to test it with a wired set. oops. getting off-topic.

oh yeah, this is with a $30 pre-paid no-contract 100min/5GB upto4G monthly.

i'd post more info but i dont know the ## codes for gsm phones. they're not working like they do on the sprint phone.
    Atlanta is one of the areas where T-Mo has started reassigning their bands, Vegas is another one (at least near the air port).... there are a few others confirmed on these forums.

I don't use Pandora so I can't help you there, and I don't know the ## codes without looking them up, but I can confirm they are different from the CDMA codes.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Atlanta is one of the areas where T-Mo has started reassigning their bands, Vegas is another one (at least near the air port).... there are a few others confirmed on these forums.

I don't use Pandora so I can't help you there, and I don't know the ## codes without looking them up, but I can confirm they are different from the CDMA codes.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...