webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > HP Pre 3 - eMail Font Size too large
HP Pre 3 - eMail Font Size too large

Old 10/22/2012, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi Community,
I've a problem which seems to be quite common but there's only 1 post about it -still not answered:
Email Font Size when Reading
Other posts are not about the Pre 3. I've searched this board and google without luck for more than one hour...

I've shot two photos of my Pre 3 showing an email. (see attachments)
The first -and major- problem is that the font size is generally too large.
The second problem is the way how WebOS behaves. It zooms a specific text to display-width. This results in the text getting even bigger in landscape. => Landscape becomes useless

Pinch-2-Zoom works, but doesn't allow me to zoom out... So it seems there's some kind of minimum font-size and zoom only from 100% to 200% (?).
To solve my problem I would need to reduce the font size or allow zooming to let's say 50%.

I already found out there's an email.css file somewhere that should allow me to modify the font-size.
In that case: what would be the easiest way to gain access to this file? I want to do only as little as necessary modification to my Pre 3 and don't want install a lot of software on my PC or Mac -especially not Java. (In worst case I can use another PC with JRE installed).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Thomas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg portrait.jpg (614.7 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg landscape.jpg (401.9 KB, 16 views) Email Attachment
Thomas_AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

It appears, for anyone wondering, that nichtwirklich has been nice enough to make just such a patch.

Check it out here: [patch help/request] font size for plain text emails

It's pretty much great
trillexer is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0