1.    #1  
    Hi, all,

I have a pretty strange issue with my Pre 3, running 2.2.4 AT&T WebOS. This issue persists despite the fact that I cleared out the phone a few times and "re-doctored" it, even changed to a new Palm Profile - all to no avail.

I seem to be missing SIM account field in Phone app.
    That is: the phone functions normally, but I do not have the SIM account symbol in Phone App / Preferences.

This is what I am talking about: this screen shot shows, for comparison, Phone App / Preferences of my Veer running AT&T 2.1.2. On the bottom, there is a symbol of the SIM and I can tap it and edit settings.

Below is the equivalent screen on my Pre 3 when it is freshly re-doctored: somehow, the SIM account is not visible in Phone / Preferences and Accounts.

Why is this a problem for me? Because I am using Sconix's Advanced Prefs patches to control repeating reminder sounds. And, I am guessing, that since there is no SIM account entry in Phone Preferences, the patch does not "take" and I have no way of setting up the type of ring and repeatability for missed calls and for voicemail. (Other functions of the patches, like SMS and email sounds, work OK).

Did I screw up something and loose the SIM account field in Phone Preferences, or is it how 2.2.4 works?

Thanks in advance! Robert
    Last edited by rdwalker; 10/20/2012 at 09:57 PM.
    There is no sim field in the stock phone app. So you need to install the advanced framework and phone prefs patches.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    There is no sim field in the stock phone app. So you need to install the advanced framework and phone prefs patches.
    Thanks! I am afraid you are correct about the stock Phone app - I just downgraded my Pre 3 to 2.2.3 and the same problem remains.

The follow-up problem is, however, that even though I have the Advanced Prefs, Framework and Phone (and others), I have no access to setting rings for missed calls and for voicemail. Weird... All other aspects do work (email, messaging notifications).
    I posted a note about this in Sconix's thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/enligh...ml#post3358867

I thought that the Phone Prefs patch did not work because there is no SIM account entry in my Phone app - but apparently it may be something else causing trouble, huh?

I just had a thought: I'll install all Advanced Menus as well and will report on the result here.

Thanks! Robert
    It may also be a SIM restriction... Looks like the Pre 3 is on Straight Talk (IT says HOME on the Top Bar).
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    It may also be a SIM restriction... Looks like the Pre 3 is on Straight Talk (IT says HOME on the Top Bar).
    Actually, that screenshot was not from my phone - I decided to post the inquiry after I already installed Advanced Prefs and had to get a virgin screenshot elsewhere.

My phone is on AT&T, so that there should not be much SIM issues... but who knows. I'll post an actual screenshot soon: I am doctoring the phone back to 2.2.4 right now. [Edit: I just updated the screenshots.]

Thanks, Robert.
    Last edited by rdwalker; 10/20/2012 at 09:58 PM.
    OK... I'm on Straight Talk and have never seen those options with GSM unlocked Pre 2 @ 2.2.4 or AT&T Veer (unlocked) @ 2.1.2

Mobile Nations Devotee
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    OK... I'm on Straight Talk and have never seen those options with GSM unlocked Pre 2 @ 2.2.4 or AT&T Veer (unlocked) @ 2.1.2
    Interesting! So maybe "they all do it"?

Per chance, you would not be using Sconix's Advanced Prefs patches to set up repeat reminders about voicemail? Because now I think that the must be some other way to configure those, although I cannot find any mention how.

Thanks, Robert.
    Sorry - I have no Sconix patches on either phone...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    The screen you posted that you said is equivalent to your preferences screen is my network services screen on ATT Pre3 on ATT SIM.

My preferences screen has the correct options, above Accounts where the SIM is listed, I then have dialing shortcuts, then automation...

So if that is actually your preferences screen something is really messed up.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The screen you posted that you said is equivalent to your preferences screen is my network services screen on ATT Pre3 on ATT SIM.
    My preferences screen has the correct options, above Accounts where the SIM is listed, I then have dialing shortcuts, then automation...

So if that is actually your preferences screen something is really messed up.
    Wow, that is something!
    The only thing, that is out-of-the-ordinary, is that the phone is unlocked. I used Dogberts procedure - I'd be surprised if it affected the options screen, but you never know.

I'll keep researching this further.

Thanks, Robert.
    Yeah that is weird, I'm not unlocked though...

Keep us updated
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...