1.    #1  
    I'm considering a Pre 3 and going prepaid; I'm tired of the "smart phone tax." Verizon says "$50 Unlimited Plan includes unlimited Mobile Web and does not include full web browsing." How can they stop my phone from viewing full websites, or is this just an up sell tactic? Can a Pre 3 slip through the cracks?

Thanks
    All I know about this is on my android mod on touchpad with dolphin browser you can set spoof to ipad and see everything ipadish ...spoofing is the question here... I know nothing more nor is there an android mod for the pre3 that I know of...
    Verizon will recognize the Pre 3 as a smartphone by the MEID. Mobile web is internet on basic phones, you won't be able to sign up for a basic plan (I know nothing about the plan).
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Verizon will recognize the Pre 3 as a smartphone by the MEID. Mobile web is internet on basic phones, you won't be able to sign up for a basic plan (I know nothing about the plan).
    That's correct. I have VZW "mobile web" on my other phone, i think they often call it V-Cast. And if anyone thinks i'm crazy, that's a top of the line flip phone in real stainless steel with a better camera than the Pre. Lasts me a week on a single charge if i don't make any calls. So i'm keeping it for as long as Verizon keeps CDMA. To each their own

Anyway, the mobile web is only for BREW phones, and it's only cheap because the BREW system is so locked down that nobody will ever try to reverse-engineer anything. BREW is a walled garden in a bigger sense than iOS will ever be, and should be allowed to rot in peace