1.    #1  
    Hey, so there are some Verizon Pre 3s still floating around and I'm wondering if anyone knows any way to get Sprint to recognize the ESN. I'm thinking since it was never officially released it shouldn't be too much to ask, but then again, it is a CDMA carrier and their opponent's phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Hey, so there are some Verizon Pre 3s still floating around and I'm wondering if anyone knows any way to get Sprint to recognize the ESN. I'm thinking since it was never officially released it shouldn't be too much to ask, but then again, it is a CDMA carrier and their opponent's phone...
    *Technically* it could be done by spoofing the Verizon Pre3 with the ESN of another Sprint phone. If you're familiar with computer networking, it's somewhat analogous to cloning a MAC address.

Here's an existing thread that starts to discuss the idea:

ESN Hacking and the Verizon Pre 3 on Sprint

Make note where they mention a Qualcomm utility that you'd need. I believe there are forums more specific to Sprint where that utility, and more info, may be available. I've heard a program called CDMA Workshop get mentioned too. http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html

I've also heard it said before that some people have managed to convince Sprint to add their Verizon phone to the network after substantial effort and persistence talking with the right people. I'm not sure what persuasion it would take, but I wouldn't count on that route, though it wouldn't hurt to try and ask.
    Last edited by sq5; 10/17/2012 at 06:11 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Isn't it pretty illegal to spoof an ESN? I'm all for modding if I need to like I did for my pre 2 on Sprint - I just feel like changing the actual ESN of the phone is something I don't want to do because of the legal ramifications, which is why I titled the thread what I did. If someone works for Sprint and can input a new ESN (because really, how hard could it be?!) I could have a Pre 3 legally and I wouldn't have to worry about it every time I saw a mall cop or had to ask a security guard anything. Haha.

I do, however, think it's funny that instead of simply asking someone to do someone a favor the first suggestion is breaking the law. Kind of reflects poorly on the customer service imo.
    Last edited by mstrblueskys; 10/17/2012 at 07:47 PM.