1.    #1  
    Hi

I have small issue with my phone. Cannot log in to my webos profile on it. It works on pre 2 but it's already put on allegro (sth like polish ebay) and soon I'll be without phone. I had some minor issue with Pre3 so I wanted to erase it remotely and then log to it, so I logged to my palm ... HP Profile and clicked remote erase, then I removed it from my profile. Phone was offline so no SMS or any signal could be received at that moment.

Now when I'm trying to sign in with whatever profile I have the "Sign-In Failed We were unable to sign you in..." appear.

On HP site states:

Code:
    If the phone is not connected to the network, the SMS message is not received. If the SMS message is received, and the phone is disconnected from the network immediately after it is received, the Palm server waits for the phone to come back on the network to complete verification.
    For the next 24 hours, the server tries to send the remote erase command.
    Note
    If the phone is offline for 24 hours after the command was first sent, the server does not send the command again after that 24-hour period elapses.
    does it mean that until sms is received and remote erase is done I wont be able to sign in and therefore my phone will be useless for the end of days?
    You can try bypassing activation and then do a Full Erase within the device. The resource list in my signature has a guide on how to do it for the TouchPad. Just replace the TouchPad specific parts with Pre3 and you should be able to run the tool properly.
  3.    #3  
    That was fun I made all the steps you've mentioned. Full Erase brings me back to start point (Sign-in Failed).

Now I will use it (Pre3) as it is for 2-3 days with "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" profile. I hope that palm servers are sending "erase message" with 24h pause. So I'll have to wait and when I'll receive this message, and my phone will confirm that, everything will turn back to normal. I know few reasons why it may not work... For example I don't know if palm can send messages to country that are not supported.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lolgrend View Post
    That was fun I made all the steps you've mentioned. Full Erase brings me back to start point (Sign-in Failed).

Now I will use it (Pre3) as it is for 2-3 days with "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" profile. I hope that palm servers are sending "erase message" with 24h pause. So I'll have to wait and when I'll receive this message, and my phone will confirm that, everything will turn back to normal. I know few reasons why it may not work... For example I don't know if palm can send messages to country that are not supported.
    To end this thread I want to say that today I've succesfully loged to my profile So it takes ~15 days to unlock device. Maybe this info will be usefull for someone :]

Thanks for your help