webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre 3 Wi Fi Problems
Pre 3 Wi Fi Problems

Old 10/13/2012, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

I am having trouble with my wi fi. I try to change to another wi fi source in my home and when I get to the pass word for security, and press the sign in button nothing would happen. Oops it started working.

Last edited by docsdad; 10/13/2012 at 08:43 PM.
docsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

My pre-3 Wi Fi problem returned. I have two Wi Fi units in my home. I had originally installed both on my pre 3 so they would tie in when in different areas of the house to get strongest signal. Now when I get in the area of low power of one and try to switch to the stronger Wi Fi signal, I cannot get it to switch. When I choose the strongest signal source, it asks for the password, which is already in the pre3. If I try to input the password as it asks, when i press the sign in button, nothing happens. Pre 3 stays on the lower output signal and gives poor service. If I go to my sons house, the pre3 immediately locks on to the signal in his home and Mc Donalds always locks on. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.?
Old 11/04/2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Got the wifi rollback patch installed?
Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
webOSnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think that's an annoying thing about the WiFi on both the Pre3 and the TouchPad. Sometimes it won't pull your original authentication info, and you'd have to toggle the WiFi to get it to try again. And for some reason it uses a random list order instead of sorting it by strength, and then just pick the first one with a password.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
Got the wifi rollback patch installed?
Have not installed this patch. Will this change the problem referenced by GMMan? If so I will install.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0