• 1 Post By tp2386
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  • 5 Post By bassman97
  • 1 Post By kataran
  • 1 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  • 1 Post By khazoury
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Hello all. I just can't seem to leave webOS. I originally had the pre minus when it launched with sprint and then I moved onto the original Evo because I wanted the latest and greatest. I eventually got tired of the clunkiness after a few months and managed to get a verizon pre plus to work on my sprint account.

Then comes the Evo lte. My God, what a wonderful piece of hardware. I tossed the pre plus to the side and got one on release day. Fast forward to today and I'm getting rid of it and Sprint for a Pre 3 I managed to get on Ebay. After all these years, I always find myself coming back to webOS. Why? What's your reasons?
    kataran likes this.
    The webOS OS rocks !! Plain and simple .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Audemars02 likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Did you say you are going to make a Pre 3 work on Sprint?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    A couple of reasons:

1. It's hot rodable, just like the old Palm OS, just even easier. It's not locked down and to get it unlocked, you don't need to bother jumping through fiery hoops or using tools named by 13 year olds that think they're 7337 experts.
    2. It functions like an actual computer. There's no gimmicks to it. Cards are set-up just like windows, and you can close them to close an app or swipe to another to switch to another app. All while the app remains active. There is no save-stating to give the illusion of multitasking. There's no overlord that automatically closes apps because the user was too lazy to do so. It runs just like how you'd expect a computer to run.
    3. The hardware still uses portrait hardware keyboards, AND the hardware isn't out of date. Although Nokia makes this form factor (and a candybar that's more endowed than the Pixi), it's Symbian and those phones run ARM 11 (v.6 like the Pixi), unlike the Cortex goodies in webOS hardware.
    4. The community, which has solved many of the problems and always evolves the UI/functionality independent of what H/Palm does.
    its like that old girlfriend that does it just right

still trying to track her down for some multitasking wave swiping action

carry on :-)
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    checkmate likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    What's wrong with me?
    It's not you...it's me...

It is a great OS. The only thing that is pushing me to consider switching to something like a Galaxy S III (there is a new Mini version coming out I think) is that I have such undependable GPS function, likely due to the Verizon Effect. At first I thought my Pre2 was better than my Pre+, but not anymore. In the last 4 days, I tried using my GPS while traveling from Detroit to Pittsburgh. During that entire trip, the only time I had an actual moving GPS lock was for 20 minutes while driving from my hotel to downtown Pittsburgh to eat at Primanti Brothers. I was afraid to close out Google Maps...fearing I would not get the lock back. When I finished dinner, alas, I had to make my way through downtown Pittsburgh with nothing more than cell tower/wifi locks...very nerve racking. This issue is making me think more and more about moving over to Android...I'm sad to say.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    It's not you...it's me...

It is a great OS. The only thing that is pushing me to consider switching to something like a Galaxy S III (there is a new Mini version coming out I think) is that I have such undependable GPS function, likely due to the Verizon Effect. At first I thought my Pre2 was better than my Pre+, but not anymore. In the last 4 days, I tried using my GPS while traveling from Detroit to Pittsburgh. During that entire trip, the only time I had an actual moving GPS lock was for 20 minutes while driving from my hotel to downtown Pittsburgh to eat at Primanti Brothers. I was afraid to close out Google Maps...fearing I would not get the lock back. When I finished dinner, alas, I had to make my way through downtown Pittsburgh with nothing more than cell tower/wifi locks...very nerve racking. This issue is making me think more and more about moving over to Android...I'm sad to say.
    I'm looking hard at the Nokia E7-00 for a next phone to play with. Symbian Belle upgradable and includes free, lifetime Nokia Maps with off-line voice nav capability once you lock in a destination...

Don't think you'll get it on Verizon though. Maybe switching carriers is in your future as well...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Hello all. I just can't seem to leave webOS. After all these years, I always find myself coming back to webOS. Why? What's your reasons?
    The problem isn't with you at all(it happens to me too), it was a nice OS from Palm(until Stupid HP killed it, of course ). Despite seeing hundreds of smartphones of them at my local Verizon Store, there's always something that makes me not want to buy them and stick with my Pre 2. I think that what makes users stick around WebOS will be multitasking, Synergy, ease of use when switching apps and of course this great community.

The only WebOS device that I feel unhappy about will be my TouchPad tablet, but its not with WebOS itself. My main issue its with HP company and their silliness with WebOS. I hate seeing other companies like Google and Apple releasing Jelly Bean/iOS 6 software upgrades to their devices. While we won't be seeing any updates to the TouchPad not even 3.0.6(which we don't know what happen to it). Where's Isis Engine, sound bug fix, Windows Live chat support on the messaging app, scroll-bars, cursor placement, Flash Player 11, folder support and much more updates that is needed for TouchPad WebOS
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    What's wrong with you? Nothing. You are an individual that knows what he likes and what you like is webOS with its simplicity in form and function. I've had my Pre 3 now for almost a year now and it is a hell of a phone, does everything I need from a smartphone quite well and I think you will be quite happy with yours. With the release of Open webOS I guess many people were under the impression that Open webOS on other brands of smartphones was right around the corner so there was a sudden influx of Pre 3's on ebay so prices have dropped. Now with the forecast of maybe several months before a fully functional port can be finished, now is a good time to snatch one up if you still want to enjoy the webOS bliss.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Hello all. I just can't seem to leave webOS.
    Welcome to the support group, tp2386. My name is carldc and I'm a webOS addict!
    Every so often I think about how Palm and HP screwed all this up. I curse the name "Leo!", and I look into Android, eye-OS, and now Windows 8. Those Galaxy SIII's and Nokia Luminas look pretty cool... But I can't do it. I can't stop using my beloved Pre 3 and TouchPad.

I have an iPad 2, so I'm familiar with eye-OS. It's ok, but next to webOS, it's like a weed next to a flower!

You're not alone tp2386!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I ask myself the same thing.....only in my case it is more a question of "why do I constantly swtich between my Pixi Plus, Pre Plus, and Pre 2".

Now, that is worth wondering what exactly my problem is
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I ask myself the same thing.....only in my case it is more a question of "why do I constantly swtich between my Pixi Plus, Pre Plus, and Pre 2".

Now, that is worth wondering what exactly my problem is
    You all just have good taste!
    pinoyrepn1124 likes this.