1.    #1  
    I am at wits end ...the pre3 with or without the wifi fix cuts out a lot so much that I bumped my data plan to 3 gig to use that instead ...now that is poor ...question is, I also have an ATT veer ...does the wifi work better with that phone? what will I be giving up aside size? ...thoughts?
    My Pre3 wi-fi is ok but my Veers wi-fi is abysmal, but you can always try it out
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    My Pre3 wi-fi is ok but my Veers wi-fi is abysmal, but you can always try it out
    is your veer up to date? what veer is it (mine=att usa)...
    Both AT&T, both up to date
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Both AT&T, both up to date
    I am so confused by the lack of attention to this crucial matter ...I have tried much appreciated wifi fix from guyfromnam who arranged to revert to the prior firmware for wifi when it seemed ota updates made things worse ...I find no betterment and am flummoxed that no real good fix has emerged from this costly deficit...
    My Veer, Pre3, Pre2, and PixiPlus (all not activated) are all on WiFi and none have an issues that I have noticed, on my access point (netgear) or other hotspots...

I have heard about different channels like 1, 3, or 11, but avoid 5, 7, 9?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    My Veer, Pre3, Pre2, and PixiPlus (all not activated) are all on WiFi and none have an issues that I have noticed, on my access point (netgear) or other hotspots...

I have heard about different channels like 1, 3, or 11, but avoid 5, 7, 9?
    I have gone into the router settings and selected "narrow band" and changed from channel 1 to channel 11 and will report after trying this out ...thank you!
    Both of the Veers I have were way better on wifi than my Pre3. My Pre3 drops all the time on any network I attempt to connect to. At work right now TP is at 3 bars, Pre 3 sitting next to it usually doesn't stay connected long enough to download a single app update.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My Pre3 is Verizon type (however the kernels for the Pre3 are all different verified by MD5SUMS), so that might be the difference?

I can make a script if you wish which can test different webOS versions (WR, AT&T, and Verizon)... I know there is other (webOSInternals kernels but they are based I think on WR kernel). So if one installs the default in Preware one will get the WR kernel, which may cause issues with Verizon or AT&T devices....
    You will have to downgrade from 2.2.4 to have a better Wifi
    didn't even think about yours being VZW.... that is a good point because you have a different comm board than us ATT folk. Would explain why a couple of the guys I know with VZW Pre3s have better WiFi
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #12  
    some small improvement but still loses touch which makes the "cycle wifi in device menu" one of my most used features (drat !!) ...so, that being with the 2.2.4 stock wifi ...NOW I will apply the 2.2.x rollback via guyfromnam's patch and report what happens next... (bites nails to bone) !!
    ... still loses touch which makes the "cycle wifi in device menu" one of my most used features (drat !!)
    From that I gather that you have the same issue as I have. It shows to be connected, often even at full signal strength, but does not transmit data?
    I recently switched back from my Pre3 to my Veer (both WR) and have not had this problem yet. The Veer often shows a lower signal strength, but as long as it states to be connected to my wifi it still can transmit data using the wifi... a thing that the Pre3 could not reliably do, no matter what channel or signal strength it showed.

So for me the wifi on the Veer is much more reliable than on the Pre3.

I flashed my Veer to 2.2.4, which is the same version as the Pre3 and all the patches and stuff is available (and if you use app tucker box also all the apps are available and most of them work). But you will lose overclocking and this hurts a bit... especially if you overclocked your Pre3. :-(
    So I'm still thinking about going back to 2.1.1 and overclock again...? Not sure.