Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gold5225
  1.    #1  
    I installed the newest software version, and I've called support but I've had no progress!
    Where you stick at? Can't get a network connection to sign in?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Where you stick at? Can't get a network connection to sign in?
    That is absolutely where I am stuck at!
    There's a bypass code you can enter, but I don't remember what it is. You can search around in the forums for it (or someone might supply it here). If you still can't get a data connection you may have to bypass activation. There's a guide on how to patch the activation bypass tool to work for newer webOS devices in the list linked in my signature.
  5.    #5  
    Hey, thanks man. I actually went and called Verizon a second time, and like others have done mulled my way through support and got to a tech, and then explained the situation. And then told them about how to activate the Pre 3, the Pre 2 manuals are supposed to be almost identical so we should try them first. And we then went through all those steps that they walked me through and I was able to work it out. And now I have a Pre 3 on Verizon's network!!! Woo!

So I'm actually all set, and if you guys want to close the thread then I see no reason not to.
    Last edited by gold5225; 10/05/2012 at 01:45 AM.
    determinedd likes this.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gold5225 View Post
    Hey, thanks man. I actually went and called Verizon a second time, and like others have done mulled my way through support and got to a tech, and then explained the situation. And then told them about how to activate the Pre 3, the Pre 2 manuals are supposed to be almost identical so we should try them first. And we then went through all those steps that they walked me through and I was able to work it out. And now I have a Pre 3 on Verizon's network!!! Woo!

So I'm actually all set, and if you guys want to close the thread then I see no reason not to.
    Hey man. I just got a pre3 for verizon and I'm stuck in the same spot as you were. Can't seem to pass the failed login step. Can you help me please?
    If you have no data connection at startup,

first: Make sure you're using 2.2.4. Get the Doctor for your phone, and run it, since you won't be able to OTA.

second: If you still don't get a network connection, call Verizon, and have them tell you how to manually program it. The instructions should be identical for a Pre 2 and a Pre 3.

That should get you into the network. Once you're into the network it should Just Work. if not, well, Verizon should be able to help.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Should just be a matter of getting the right Doctor installed on your phone. The Verizon 2.2.4 Pre 3 doctor file can be found on this page - WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

After that, booting up and going into emergency call mode to dial the *228 should let you get the ball rolling. Good luck!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html