1.    #1  
    Hi, after a year of Pre3 ownership I thought that I'd get into Preware and following an article on the verge.com I installed Uberkernel... cue appalling battery life! Running at stock processor speed with screen-state on, maxed at 786Mhz (correct me if I've misunderstood that setting: chose 786Mhz so that it could complete any background tasks quickly but without ramping up fully).
    Anyone else suffered the same issue or know why it might be? And am I missing anything running the stock kernel? I gathered that UK brought more than just over-clocking abilities?
    Cheers all.

P.S, I've got several patches running but since removing UK, battery drain is back to normal hence I've taken them out of the equation.
    Last edited by tagscuderia; 10/04/2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Readability
    Read the wiki on Webos Internals' site. It's actually quite informative for giving you a basic understanding on what the settings are for (specifically, the Govnah wiki). Screen state is there so that when the screen is off, what ever you have set for the speed is the max speed allowed. When on, your normal settings apply. My favorite is using a ondemandtcl governor, with 768 set as the min, 1.2 as the max, polling set to .1 sec and ramp up set to 50%. I also have 10% powersave thrown in. Throw in the deadline scheduler and the phone has great battery life with less laginess. I also have screen state set to 806.

As for the additional features, read the info on Preware/WOSQI in the details part. That gives you the list of improvements/feature additions.
  3.    #3  
    @ bassman97, thanks for replying. I had read the Govnah wiki hence struggling to understand why my battery life has been so awful. I'll have to try playing around with a few things, 1st port of call... Uberkernel without Govnah, should tell me if it was a bad tweak or whatnot.
    Main thing is that it doesn't seem like anyone else is suffering from a stupidly fast drain so there's hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by tagscuderia View Post
    @ bassman97, thanks for replying. I had read the Govnah wiki hence struggling to understand why my battery life has been so awful. I'll have to try playing around with a few things, 1st port of call... Uberkernel without Govnah, should tell me if it was a bad tweak or whatnot.
    Main thing is that it doesn't seem like anyone else is suffering from a stupidly fast drain so there's hope!
    This will have no effect, as Uber defaults to the stock Palm profile (or your last selected profile prior to deleting Govnah). Your drain is most likely either running it at overclocked speeds, which will drain the battery, or starving the system too much, which keeps the processor more loaded for longer periods and drains the battery. Also, Uber isn't a tweak, it's a brand new kernel. You use Govnah to tweak the CPU/schedulers in the kernel. It's just a matter of playing with the governors/speeds until you find a speed you that suits your needs. I underclock as the smaller jump from low to high is in effect a speed boost. Plus, I never work the Pre3 that hard, and when I do, I have a ondemandtcl 1.4-1.9 governor for that. Just have some patience with tweaking the settings until you find one just right. It is almost like tuning a carburetor with jet and needle sizes, as well as springs.