Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just got a Pre 3 and was surprised to see the profiles for Uberkernal are slower than stock speed. Anyone have a setup they can share? I don't know what all that stuff means and don't want to just monkey around.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I have the A1-skyraider kernal installed and I set mine on the OndemandTcl 1537 profile. I don't understand all that jazz either to be honest. But this setting works great and have not had any issues at all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    where did you get that kernel from? I only see uberkernel and the palm kernel in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    where did you get that kernel from? I only see uberkernel and the palm kernel in Preware.
    Things like A-1 are in the testing feeds. To use the testing feeds, one must read and agree to the rules etc., at http://testing.preware.org Items on the alpha and beta testing feeds can and may go awry during use and cause bad things. There is a reason you don't see the A-1 kernel in the regular feed.
    That being said, many use apps, kernels, patches etc from these feeds without any issue whatsoever.
    I just got a Pre 3 and was surprised to see the profiles for Uberkernal are slower than stock speed. Anyone have a setup they can share? I don't know what all that stuff means and don't want to just monkey around.
    Pardon? What speeds are you looking at as my Pre3s normally run 1.9Ghz on Uberkernal
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    its not just the speed at which the kernal runs its other setting that are tweaked as well to make the phone run smoothly and run efficiently as possible.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    here's where you can learn about testing feeds.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  9.    #9  
    When I installed uberkernal, I didn't see a profile for 1.9. I don't want to try testing feeds, although I have in the past on my TouchPad.
  10.    #10  
    I reinstalled Uberkernel and see the
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  11.    #11  
    I see ondemandtcl 1100, 1200 and screenstate 1100 and 1200, and Uberkernel default. No 1900.
    I see ondemandtcl 1100, 1200 and screenstate 1100 and 1200, and Uberkernel default. No 1900.
    I've only installed UberKernel and Govnah and I can see 1.9GHz.

In my Govnah, if I tap on Profile, Advanced Settings, CPU Frequency and then Max Freq, I can see options which I can select up to 1.9008 GHz.

As far as a setup, I've set my Min Freq at 245.76 MHz and my Max Freq at 1.5366 GHz. The other settings I've played with but even after reading the help, I can't really comprehend what effect each option has on the responsiveness of the phone.

The above setup is good, and keeps my phone smooth - but it's always undone by the phone app, which consistently runs poorly, especially if I try and answer a call when the screen is off.
  13.    #13  
    I can see 1.9 in advanced too, I'm surprised there's no stable profile using it. Thanks for sharing your setup.
    Those are the default profiles there for beginners and lazy people.

The advanced settings have pretty comprehensive help info on them (the blue question mark circle in the upper right corner) Feel free to ask here.

The lower speeds than stock are there for saving power, and because maximum horsepower isn't needed all the time.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I don't see 1.9 ...highest is 1.4 ...uninstalled and reinstalled govnah ...att usa unlocked pre3 16gb ...I seem to recall it was there before ...*** ?
    Just reinstalled everything, went to standard profiles and I have:

Palm Default

OnDemandTcl 1901

OnDemandTcl 1805

OnDemandTcl 1690

OnDemandTcl 1537

UberKernal Default

If you aren't getting these listed then there's likely something wrong with the kernal you've installed. This is on an AT&T Pre3 so the only thing I can think of that might be wrong is that you've inadvertently installed the one for the Pre2 which is listed at the same time in Preware.
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
  17.    #17  
    Nope, its definitely the Pre 3 version, I triple checked it. I've setup a custom profile, it seems to be working fine.
    I just downloaded Govanah and Uberkerenal and overclocked to 1.9Ghz.
    I will use this frequency and watch for improvements in speed.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    i have uberkernel & govnah on my pre3 2.4 but no 1.9 ...dropdown stops at 1.4 ...wazzat?
    tried restoring kernel via ipk & webosqi ...tried install of uberkernel same way ...uberkernel doesn't show in preware ...my fone is up to date & works fine... I don't get it !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast