Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    will will need to install the beta and or alpha feeds most likely .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    will will need to install the beta and or alpha feeds most likely .
    how
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    i have uberkernel & govnah on my pre3 2.4 but no 1.9 ...dropdown stops at 1.4 ...wazzat?
    You don't have uberkernel installed than, most likely. Install the stock kernel, and reinstall uber. If not, it is possible that to get that speed, you need a beta version. Search for the instructions on webos-internals wiki and make sure you understand the risks.
    Govnah and (Xname)Kernel are two separate packages. Installing Govnah gets you enhanced control of a kernel but does not install a modified kernel by default.

how
    Open Preware...

Tap the upper left corner of the screen where it says Preware to get the App menu > tap Manage Feeds...

Select which feeds you want to see when opening Preware by using the On/Off rocker switches... Back swipe to exit and you will be asked if you want to update feeds... select yes...

As bassman97 advised, understand the risks before proceeding.

In general, Alphas should only be used by those who have a deep knowledge of the hardware and software plus the ability to perform programming and modifications of Apps. Alphas are high risk items that are not ready to be released into the wild for casual users. They are versions shared among developers who pool knowledge to move the item along by identifying bugs during real world use and also rewriting code to fix said bugs... Using an Alpha is the riskiest thing next to injecting raw code into a device to test if a program even actually works.

Betas still have risk attached as well. They are deemed stable enough for advanced users who can recover their device in case of failure. They get a wider release in hopes of finding more bugs through a more vigorous usage pattern on a daily/semi-daily basis by a more diverse base of individual devices and patterns of App interaction...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Govnah and (Xname)Kernel are two separate packages. Installing Govnah gets you enhanced control of a kernel but does not install a modified kernel by default.

Open Preware...

Tap the upper left corner of the screen where it says Preware to get the App menu > tap Manage Feeds...

Select which feeds you want to see when opening Preware by using the On/Off rocker switches... Back swipe to exit and you will be asked if you want to update feeds... select yes...

As bassman97 advised, understand the risks before proceeding.

In general, Alphas should only be used by those who have a deep knowledge of the hardware and software plus the ability to perform programming and modifications of Apps. Alphas are high risk items that are not ready to be released into the wild for casual users. They are versions shared among developers who pool knowledge to move the item along by identifying bugs during real world use and also rewriting code to fix said bugs... Using an Alpha is the riskiest thing next to injecting raw code into a device to test if a program even actually works.

Betas still have risk attached as well. They are deemed stable enough for advanced users who can recover their device in case of failure. They get a wider release in hopes of finding more bugs through a more vigorous usage pattern on a daily/semi-daily basis by a more diverse base of individual devices and patterns of App interaction...
    Terrible experience happily not a disaster ...took off and reinstalled uberkernel & govnah and found the 1.9 speed preset and lkily had just recently put on the overtemp warning which warned and temp went highest I have ever seen (57C=135F) yikes !! I put it down to the 1.5 preset and it is now better and wiped the sweat off my brow. During the high temp the fone started to act funny with slow performance of tasks and refusal to take some screen taps. Wow... thoughts ??
    Terrible experience happily not a disaster ...took off and reinstalled uberkernel & govnah and found the 1.9 speed preset and lkily had just recently put on the overtemp warning which warned and temp went highest I have ever seen (57C=135F) yikes !! I put it down to the 1.5 preset and it is now better and wiped the sweat off my brow. During the high temp the fone started to act funny with slow performance of tasks and refusal to take some screen taps. Wow... thoughts ??
    ...thanks for your warnings which are truly good advice. I have a mugen battery in there ...dunno if that was part of this ...phone always feels quite warm when charging...
    so, someone want to splikka me why 1.9 preset in govnah almost cooked my fone ?
    Overclocking is essentially like running your car with the RPM meter spiked to red.....all the time.

1.9 is the very extreme end, especially given the Pre3s original clock speed. Factor in that not all Pre3s are equal (i.e. Manufacturing variance) and therefore not equally capable of all things, including overclocking.

Your phone was warning you. Even as an experienced overclocker, I never ever have my Pre3 higher than 1.7Ghz. You mileage may vary. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

so, someone want to splikka me why 1.9 preset in govnah almost cooked my fone ?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12