Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    have a dvr that puts up video surveilance of cams for remote viewing but no ip cam app found for pre 3 ...I use the touchpad but must boot to cyanogen mod android to do it ...any ideas or erstwhile coders who want to make one ??
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    have a dvr that puts up video surveilance of cams for remote viewing but no ip cam app found for pre 3 ...I use the touchpad but must boot to cyanogen mod android to do it ...any ideas or erstwhile coders who want to make one ??
    Can you usually access your video feed via a web URL I assume? Also, does the camera output to Mjpeg (MJPG) or H.264 (MP4)? Actually, letting us know what make of cameras these are would help. Depending on what you have, there are ways of accessing the video without using android.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Can you usually access your video feed via a web URL I assume? Also, does the camera output to Mjpeg (MJPG) or H.264 (MP4)? Actually, letting us know what make of cameras these are would help. Depending on what you have, there are ways of accessing the video without using android.
    one system uses a website dwddns.net and puts up pictures on a page (first opening installed an activeX applet) and took a username&password....I do not know the format (tell me how to know it and I will look, thanks) ...the other system uses dwddns.net and requires username&password then displaying on another format of webpage. The both work only with MSIE ...not opera.
    Both sites show without folderol with android (they have apps for free, not via browser).
    That is what little I know.

    update: dyndns server shows H.264
    Last edited by patapoof; 10/03/2012 at 12:04 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    one system uses a website dwddns.net and puts up pictures on a page (first opening installed an activeX applet) and took a username&password....I do not know the format (tell me how to know it and I will look, thanks) ...the other system uses dwddns.net and requires username&password then displaying on another format of webpage. The both work only with MSIE ...not opera.
    Both sites show without folderol with android (they have apps for free, not via browser).
    That is what little I know.

    update: dyndns server shows H.264
    Showing h.264 output is good since webOS supports that natively. If you have the brand / model of the cameras, that might tell me all the rest I need to help you.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Showing h.264 output is good since webOS supports that natively. If you have the brand / model of the cameras, that might tell me all the rest I need to help you.
    I have a vmaxflex 4 channel dvr and the 4 cameras are of a brand I am not sure what they are ...how can I find out?

    The lack of ability to "see" my cameras at 2 different locations has made me start to look at switching to an android device from my beloved pre3 ...sorry to say ...I hope there's a solution for this ...thanks for the attention...

    at one locale, I thus use dwacs android software and at the other I use digital watchdog lite android as well ...both also allow web view but the latter installs an activeX control so must use MSIE while the former can be seen on opera or other browsers...
    Last edited by patapoof; 10/06/2012 at 04:35 PM.
  6. #6  
    So Splashtop CamCam for $1.99 in the catalog doesn't work in this scenario?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So Splashtop CamCam for $1.99 in the catalog doesn't work in this scenario?
    Unfortunately, no. Splashtop CamCam is meant for connecting to a PC with a single USB webcam connected. The multiple cameras the OP is talking about are IP based security cameras not connected to a standard windows/mac PC.
  8. #8  
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I have a vmaxflex 4 channel dvr and the 4 cameras are of a brand I am not sure what they are ...how can I find out?

    The lack of ability to "see" my cameras at 2 different locations has made me start to look at switching to an android device from my beloved pre3 ...sorry to say ...I hope there's a solution for this ...thanks for the attention...

    at one locale, I thus use dwacs android software and at the other I use digital watchdog lite android as well ...both also allow web view but the latter installs an activeX control so must use MSIE while the former can be seen on opera or other browsers...
    The exact models would be printed somehwere on the DVR and the cameras respectively, either on the back or the bottom usually. Having that would help even more.

    Nonetheless I tried to find out what I could about Digital Watchdog IP cam products. (They don't provide much techincal info much on their website, and their products don't seem to be heavily discussed online.) I did find a piece of info that may help you at least somewhat.

    On many of their models, when you use a web browser to access the device, enter the web address as http://yourcamerasystem.dwddns.net/mobile . Note the "/mobile" added to the end of the address, which tells the server to show a low-bandwidth 3G friendly web-page which is much more universal and also does not require the activex control, so that it will display in any web browser including the one on webOS. It may not have some features of the regular interface, like moving the cameras around manually, and will play the video slower to go easy on your internet connection (about 1 fps), but it should definitely work as a quick and easy solution for now.

    A more satisfying solution would be to find the "h.264 stream url" format that this brand of products uses to directly access the video feed of each camera without even using the webpage interface. That is what the android app uses when it plays a video feed for instance. Once you have that, you can just put the url for a camera in the webOS browser and it should start playing live in the standard h.264 video player. You could bookmark the url for each camera use watch to bring them up easily anytime.
    Last edited by sq5; 10/07/2012 at 09:56 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I will try the mobile item but right now cannot access the dvr at all ...will need to manually reboot it to solve the problem.

    Second dvr is different. runs via an address mycamera.dyndns.org:8088/ where "mycamera" is my logn ...the android app is gdmss lite ...both desktop and android are functioning at present and the msie view adds an activeX control ...what might you know about that?

    tia!

    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    The exact models would be printed somehwere on the DVR and the cameras respectively, either on the back or the bottom usually. Having that would help even more.

    Nonetheless I tried to find out what I could about Digital Watchdog IP cam products. (They don't provide much techincal info much on their website, and their products don't seem to be heavily discussed online.) I did find a piece of info that may help you at least somewhat.

    On many of their models, when you use a web browser to access the device, enter the web address as http://yourcamerasystem.dwddns.net/mobile . Note the "/mobile" added to the end of the address, which tells the server to show a low-bandwidth 3G friendly web-page which is much more universal and also does not require the activex control, so that it will display in any web browser including the one on webOS. It may not have some features of the regular interface, like moving the cameras around manually, and will play the video slower to go easy on your internet connection (about 1 fps), but it should definitely work as a quick and easy solution for now.

    A more satisfying solution would be to find the "h.264 stream url" format that this brand of products uses to directly access the video feed of each camera without even using the webpage interface. That is what the android app uses when it plays a video feed for instance. Once you have that, you can just put the url for a camera in the webOS browser and it should start playing live in the standard h.264 video player. You could bookmark the url for each camera use watch to bring them up easily anytime.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I will try the mobile item but right now cannot access the dvr at all ...will need to manually reboot it to solve the problem.

    Second dvr is different. runs via an address mycamera.dyndns.org:8088/ where "mycamera" is my logn ...the android app is gdmss lite ...both desktop and android are functioning at present and the msie view adds an activeX control ...what might you know about that?

    tia!
    Let me know how is goes with your first system when you get it back up.

    It sounds like your second system is perhaps made by Dahua Technology, since they make that android app you're using for use with their systems. In this case, I was able to find a site that supposedly has the format of the h.264 direct stream URL's are for Dahua systems. Here is the link: Connect to Dahua IP cameras

    Btw, I strongly recommend you download a video player called VLC (VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!) for testing things out in an easy way before trying it out on your mobile device.

    When you run VLC, click the Media menu, then select Open Network Stream. Just follow the instructions from the site with the stream URL's and enter the URL as appropriate for you system, with the proper username, password, password, etc too. (Looks like there are 3 slight variations, depending on your Dahua model, so try them all if need be.) If you get a video feed from one of them, that's the one you want, and you're ready for the next step of getting that feed to play on your webOS device, which I can also help you do.
    Last edited by sq5; 10/08/2012 at 06:47 AM.

Posting Permissions