Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    As we all know the Pre 3 is missing some Enyo-functionality in comparison to the TP. This is bumming me for some time already because I can't use a few apps because of that (it's mainly the web applet that I need).

Is there some way, doesn't matter how, to get the full Enyo support on the Pre 3 (or at least web applet)?
    the Pre3 has full Enyo compatability. It's just missing some apps. You can install touchpad apps using AppTuckerBox, but only a few work properly.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    the Pre3 has full Enyo compatability. It's just missing some apps. You can install touchpad apps using AppTuckerBox, but only a few work properly.
    If it has full Enyo compatability then why doesn't the web applet from Enyo work due to, quoting Arthur Thornton, "missing from Enyo on the Pre 3" ?
    (and yes, I already tried for some time with app tuckerbox and noticed this)
    I'm not aware of Arthur's web applet. It might rely on some WebOS3.0.x API's to work. That would be a separate issue from ENYO.
    Here is a full compare between Touchpad WiFi and Pre3 (AT&T, Verizon, WR) webOS 2.2.4.

enyo.control
    AT&T: Build: 2211 Version: 1.0-102.1
    Verizon: Build: 1222 Version: 1.0-102.1
    WR: Build: 3175 Version: 1.0-102.1
    Touchpad WiFi: Build: 86 Version: 1.0-128

So there are differences, but it appears, to be regional, some screen size, but there are code differences.

Here is also a compare between ENYO shipped with Bing Maps, Pre2, Pre3, webOSInternals, and Touchpad.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 09/29/2012 at 08:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I'm not aware of Arthur's web applet. It might rely on some WebOS3.0.x API's to work. That would be a separate issue from ENYO.
    Arthur didn't make the web applet as the web applet is also used in RIP Graphite, Spaz HD and Tweetpad before Arthur even released Sparrow so it IS an Enyo thing.
    Do you mean the Enyo WebView? You'll need to write a WebView component that is compatible with the phones. I've been told it wouldn't be tough to do, but I have no idea how to actually do it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Do you mean the Enyo WebView? You'll need to write a WebView component that is compatible with the phones. I've been told it wouldn't be tough to do, but I have no idea how to actually do it.
    That's probably what I mean yeah. But isn't it just portable from the TP to the Pre 3 and if so, how?
    webOS 3's internal WebView operates differently from webOS 2. I have no idea how to invoke one in webOS 2, but if someone pointed me to appropriate Mojo code, I might be able to figure something out about how it works . . . ?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus likes this.