Well, like the title says, my poor Pre3 (nary 2 months old in my hands) suddenly stopped responding.

It worked like a champ back then, but just two days ago, I noticed the Pre3 wasn't in its Exhibition Mode as it normally would be on the Touchstone. The screen was blank, but the backlight was still on. Many attempts to revive it, be it pressing buttons all over the place to rubbing the screen just short of CPR levels. To no avail, I pulled out the battery and let the device sit there for a few minutes. I popped it back in and it refuses to turn on.

The normal charging indicator doesn't show up when plugged in or on the Touchstone. Can anybody shed light on the situation, or do I have to contact HP about this? I tried to look around the forums, but couldn't find anything.
    try holding the volume up button and switching the ringer switch back and forth several times. This should cause a reboot. If not, plug the cord into the phone and then while holding the volume up button plug into the computer. See if this will even allow you to doctor the phone. If nothing. Try a new cord first then try replacing the charger pack then phone battery. If nothing , then let it sit for a day or 3 and then try it all over again.

Did you have any homebrew stuff on the phone? Like uberkernal or anything like that?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    try holding the volume up button and switching the ringer switch back and forth several times. This should cause a reboot. If not, plug the cord into the phone and then while holding the volume up button plug into the computer. See if this will even allow you to doctor the phone. If nothing. Try a new cord first then try replacing the charger pack then phone battery. If nothing , then let it sit for a day or 3 and then try it all over again.

Did you have any homebrew stuff on the phone? Like uberkernal or anything like that?
    Now what kind of person would I be, finding this site and not know about Preware? I did indeed install Uberkernal, along with some more monitoring apps. I'd imagine HP would not like finding this should I send the phone to them?

I tried the recommended remedies, but it's not responding. It sounds like these methods work only if the phone has power, which mine doesn't want to turn on at all! I also swapped out the cable and battery in different combinations. Still no go.

Ah well, gotta wait three more days then. At least I'm going to get my chance with Republic Wireless later this week!
    Hi,

the behaviour you described is nearly the same as in my case (=> see pre 3 dead.. or not?)...
    i noticed that i could see the hp logo on booting extremly weak because the backlight was totaly dimmed.
    so the service noted "backlight" on the repair slip although the backlight was on full power when my pre got stuck.
    you can send the pre to the hp-support... good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Derric View Post
    Hi,

the behaviour you described is nearly the same as in my case (=> see pre 3 dead.. or not?)...
    i noticed that i could see the hp logo on booting extremly weak because the backlight was totaly dimmed.
    so the service noted "backlight" on the repair slip although the backlight was on full power when my pre got stuck.
    you can send the pre to the hp-support... good luck
    Well, a good five days later, and I've still had no luck. Unlike your Pre3, nothing pops up, even a dim HP logo that typically shows its booting.

I think this may be a failed cause... Time to see if HP is willing to take up my problem!
    Mine also died. Did not charge with the touchstone neither with different HP chargers.
    I have another UK Pre3, I swap batteries and it turned on but still does not charge, no thunderbolt over battery icon. Dr. Battery app did not recognize the battery.
    I think the charging circuit is damaged. I have charge sometimes with the USB port of my car, will it cause a problem like this?
    Regards,
    Antonio