Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Last week I noticed a small crack in the plastic bezel above the upper right corner of the screen. By the end of the week it had cracked all the way. I never dropped the phone, it seems like it just happened. I glued it with super glue, and it isn't affecting the functionality, it just looks a little shabby now.
    I've also noticed a hairline crack in the back case cover, so I'm now super careful when I change the battery.
    I hoped this phone would last a few years. Now I'm not so confident.
    Anyone else seeing this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My front plastics broke thanks to a drop so I don't know about that. As for the back, could you say how often you took the back off so we can get an idea of how much fatigue has played a part
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    Got mine since October, and no issues... but I've to say that there are various factors that should be considered

1) EU vs American model , since at least the backs I think are slightly different in quality. I don't know if the case is exactly identical as finish etc in general

2) kept in a beltpouch or somewhere it could have been subject to a constant stress due to the constraints and the body of the user ?

3) yes back to the previous post.. how many times got it opened ? because you both stress the back, but you also , I think, stress the frame at the same time
    my pre I got just after release has a messed up USB port , doesn't work most of the time unless you get it in one certain position lol I'm glad I bought a back up. Which I'm now using. When this one goes I'm gonna be very sad !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    EU vs American model , since at least the backs I think are slightly different in quality. I don't know if the case is exactly identical as finish etc
    I have both and they are exactly the same apart from the AT&T logo on the US one
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    My front plastics broke thanks to a drop so I don't know about that. As for the back, could you say how often you took the back off so we can get an idea of how much fatigue has played a part
    When I'm away from my desk for an entire day (not that often) I usually have to change the battery. In the 10 months I've had the phone I'd guess I've taken it off maybe 50 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_fein View Post
    When I'm away from my desk for an entire day (not that often) I usually have to change the battery. In the 10 months I've had the phone I'd guess I've taken it off maybe 50 times.

Interesting, 50 is quite high considering the length of time you've had it. Perhaps a move to a larger Mugen battery would help you, partially because the bigger battery would mean less battery swapping and partially because the bigger version comes with a new back.

Beyond that, it might be the technique used to do it because they aren't the easiest backs to remove. Popping the bottom n then running nails down each side is my method. Takes a bit more dexterity but it works and (in theory at least) it shouldn't stress things as much as the HP method of "Pop the bottom bit down n then yank that puppy off"