Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Looking for a smartphone and came across a used HP pre 3
    I was familiar with Webos, a year back I had used pixi plus

Would there be future upgrades for pre3, like open source webos is coming up..
    can open webos installed on pre3

Let me know friends as I have only a day left
    Would it be a good decision to go with pre3?
    if you like webOS devices then the pre3 is the last/best official webOS smartphone to date, plenty of threads around demonstrating its flaws and good points, if your not fussed about millions of apps you probably werent going to use (for long?) anyways and like a vertical sliding physical keyboard smartphone of a decent size/resolution, then its fine imho.

down to if your an app monster of not, and how much it would set you back cash wise, soem ask for pretty steep prices considering its a defunct hardware line and a year old.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    I was almost stunned with webos when I purchased pixi plus
    bright display, cards function, multi task was like an ease which was lacking in latest Andriod or iOS.

I was getting around 185 dollars, before I purchase just want to make sure that future upgrade possible.
    As open webos is in the news..

Also what are the things to check when purchasing used pre3..
    Re: Open Source...

Officially it will not support legacy hardware.

Unofficially the final source code is still not released. No one who knows how to do a port will (or should) make a pronouncement on whether or not porting Open Source to legacy hardware like Pre 3 is even workable. It all has to wait until the full source code is released... Plus time to investigate the code, trial and error, alpha, beta, how to instructions, work on your part... IF it even/ever happens at all.

There is absolutely no way the definitive answer will come in the next 24 hours.

Still: I say if you trust the source and it is a good price, get the Pre 3 and enjoy working with it for what it is... Not what it might, sorta, possibly, maybe could become.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    also what are the things to check when buying used phone?
    make sure the phone turns on and is usable .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Isandunk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soyab0007 View Post
    also what are the things to check when buying used phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    make sure the phone turns on and is usable .
    LOL...

Also, if you can preview the phone... Scuffs, scrapes, cracks. Does it look abused? Talk to the owner or write them. Do they seem to know what they are talking about? Or are they just trying to unload an unwanted item?

It is a leap of faith to buy a used phone. I've done it twice with webOS and been pleased both times.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Soyab0007 likes this.