Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes
    Well, webOS 3.x has enough stuff to get it to work. But to find the correct radio and stuff now that's a bigger problem. Maybe some XDA-dev can help us?
    3.0.5 may well prove to be a superior base if the apps work, but that is yet to be seen.

And I don't think XDA could bring much more to the table than webOS devs, since there's never been a droid port to the Pre3
    (And I never, ever want to read the term 'ROM' on a webOS forum )
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 09/18/2012 at 05:25 PM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    3.0.5 may well prove to be a superior base if the apps work, but that is yet to be seen.

And I don't think XDA could bring much more to the table than webOS debs, since there's never been a droid port to the Pre3
    (And I never, ever want to read the term 'ROM' on a webOS forum )
    lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    ...(And I never, ever want to read the term 'ROM' on a webOS forum )

hahaha, classic!

Geez I wish someone at HP would leak even a half-working kernel with open webos-compatible drivers for the Pre 3 lol ... I have two Pre 3s itching for some Open webOS action!

Thanks eblade for your experiments so far, I know you're super busy especially with the whazaa project and family stuff.. hope everything's ok now!!

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

jcmarcos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    hahaha, classic!

Geez I wish someone at HP would leak even a half-working kernel with open webos-compatible drivers for the Pre 3 lol ... I have two Pre 3s itching for some Open webOS action!

Thanks eblade for your experiments so far, I know you're super busy especially with the whazaa project and family stuff.. hope everything's ok now!!
    Thanks Family is doing well, and I'm off in California getting some real work done. Should be back over the weekend, though, and hope to get some app work done soon.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    jcmarcos and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have a Meta-Doctor Application Script that will put webOS 3.0.5 on a Pre3, I have tested it and although it works the Phone and other parts do not. It uses the Pre3 kernel, but with the Touchpad webOS 3.0.5 components.
    Amazing what can be done with those mix'n'match scripts! I got to know metadoctors when I put 2.2.x in my original Pre (amazing that it worked in half the RAM), but this is another league.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    TP radio is different than phone AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    Well, if it's documented (sometimes they aren't on purpose by the manufacturer) perhaps a new radio driver could be made. Do we have cell radio geniuses aboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Maybe some XDA-dev can help us?
    Perhaps there's people over there with radio driver experience, but I fear all they do is mix existing components, not crating new ones. Now that I remember, my brother, who has experience in doing a complete WindowsCE custom computer, told me Qualcomm is quite a bi*ch about documentation...

Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    I wish someone at HP would leak even a half-working kernel with open webos-compatible drivers for the Pre 3
    That's EXACTLY what should happen... If there's still any people left in Palm, or that "gram" joke company.

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I should be back over the weekend, though, and hope to get some app work done soon.
    Go Eric go! I didn't know you were active in so many fronts!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    @ShiftyAxel What I meant was XDA-devs with radio driver experience, like jcmarcos says. There are quite a lot of 'em on XDA so we could ask one of them if they can mean anything for us.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12