1.    #1  
    Hello,

I realize that this is a problem among Pre3's, but I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to fix call display on the phones that seem to be unresponsive to every method I could find.
    I've already tried playing with the regional settings as well as the formatting of the numbers in my contact list. As well, I've tried editing my carrierdb file, but all of these were to no avail. Not having callerID working is a very annoying problem and is like the only thing that my Pre+ has on my Pre3.
    I live in Canada and am with Rogers if it's of any use.

Dylan.
    Had this every now and then. I have no idea what is causing it

Could you do me a favour and open up a terminal, type in:
    df /var
    and post the %?
    I think I remember this having something to do with country code.... Being in the US I have never experienced this.... many folks across the pond have had this issue though.... sorry I don't remember the fix. (I do believe I remember it not being the same for everyone)

Also I don't think I have heard of it coming from Canada (but I could be wrong there too)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    Had this every now and then. I have no idea what is causing it

Could you do me a favour and open up a terminal, type in:
    df /var
    and post the %?
    I typed that in and got 14%.
    I had this issue before I switched so I feel your pain. Do you notice if it happens with only non Rogers users calling you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ktang View Post
    I typed that in and got 14%.
    Hm, if it would have been higher maybe that could have an effect, but 14 is ok. Haven't had this issue in the last month.
  7.    #7  
    I recall that the callerID works for one person that I know of and, yeah, he is with Rogers.
    I know of 2 people on fido with this problem.

there is no fix as of yet that i have found. i had to switch phones cause of this.

Almost cost me a job cause i don't pick up unknown numbers and didn't even realize that a few contacts weren't coming up right.

If any dev can find a 100% fix. ill be sending some money their way cause man i hate android. webs is where i belong. but i have to admit i do like the softkb . never thought i would say that.