Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
Like Tree39Likes
  1. #61  
    I don't understand all of the "emotional" preferences flying around about this topic. Simply stated, it is a choice between two pieces of hardware: One that works great, but is no longer in production and the other that works well (so I am told by those that own one) but in my opinion is WAY over-priced for what you get.

    It is a phone; both able to make calls, send text and surf the net. The rest is just conversation.

    As for buying a iPod Touch, save even more money: but a Pre2 and run it in DEV mode on wifi.
    Palm Pre3 - Palm Pre2 - HP Veer - TouchPad16 - TouchPad32
    Vistaus likes this.
  2. #62  
    Just get an IPhone 5, though I would prefer a Lumia 920. Pre3 sucks in 3 important features: WiFi function is crap. If you use 3g for web surfing, your battery drains in about 1-2 hours to 0. And finally there will be no new apps. The music player sucks in terms of sorting. The camera makes images of Bad quality.
    But I still use pre3 as my mainphone, because I need the keyboard for mailing.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
    Just get an IPhone 5, though I would prefer a Lumia 920. Pre3 sucks in 3 important features: WiFi function is crap. If you use 3g for web surfing, your battery drains in about 1-2 hours to 0. And finally there will be no new apps. The music player sucks in terms of sorting. The camera makes images of Bad quality.
    But I still use pre3 as my mainphone, because I need the keyboard for mailing.
    You should be getting more than 1 to 2 hours of web surfing... I have had pretty good experience with the camera for it being a camera on a phone. WiFi is bothersome as all get out.

    Music Player remix is a great app for music listening, PodFrenzy is great for podcasts.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4. #64  
    I'll take each point:

    1. Unless you are browsing Flash intensive sites, that shouldn't be the case. My overclocked Pixi wasn't even that bad. But then again, why can't the iPhone render Flash content properly? Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot that Premier Jobs decided upon himself that anything that would need APIs is against everything the movement stands for. So in that regard, the Pre3 can load more feature rich websites, especially those lacking mobile versions.

    2. WiFi is junk. However, the source has been identified and some digging (or brute force) is needed to put a solution in place. With the source changed (power save mode), WiFi works beautifully.

    3. Music Player, in stock form is meh. But, one could get the Remix version, which adds features that the iPhone doesn't even have.

    4. It can also be argued that the iPhone camera sucks as well, as instead of processing the image neutrally, it over saturates images to make them pop more. The Pre3 camera doesn't saturate as much, though the app for it leaves something to be desired.
  5. #65  
    I still don't get how the image quality sucks. I got even likes and compliments by professional photographers on some pictures I took with it. How is it bad quality then?
    Now if we're talking about functionality then yes, the camera sucks. It needs more options and *at the very least* zooming. But the image quality is really good for 5 MP.

    Now the music player is personal preference. It's good enough for a stock music playerIMHO. But at least there are options like the aforementioned Music Player Remix for example.

    And no new apps? I'm seeing at least a few new apps every week. Yes, that's not much and most of 'em aren't the ones we're hoping for but it *does* get new apps (a few per week is still at least something, so your argument is invalid).
  6. #66  
    ok, image quality is good in sunlight. But inside without any direct light, the images are very grainy. I can send you examples, if you want.
    Webpages with flash 'should' work on Pre3, but if there are multiple flash items in 1 page, the pre3 tends to crash or not show the website correctly.
    You guys really can use 3g and surf several hours with pre3? It is possible with Wifi/Edge, but as soon as I activate 3g I can almost count the battery capacity down, loading several websites in 1min is like 1% drain/min.

    Yes, the music player is good, but I still can't figure out how it sorts the files. Too bad you can't sort by directories.

    So overall, I wouldn't even think about getting a Pre3 nowadays. There are much better phones, the only real good things are webos and the keyboard, though I preferred the keyboard of the hp veer, since the buttons had a better reaction.b
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    I'll take each point:

    1. Unless you are browsing Flash intensive sites, that shouldn't be the case. My overclocked Pixi wasn't even that bad. But then again, why can't the iPhone render Flash content properly? Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot that Premier Jobs decided upon himself that anything that would need APIs is against everything the movement stands for. So in that regard, the Pre3 can load more feature rich websites, especially those lacking mobile versions.

    2. WiFi is junk. However, the source has been identified and some digging (or brute force) is needed to put a solution in place. With the source changed (power save mode), WiFi works beautifully.

    3. Music Player, in stock form is meh. But, one could get the Remix version, which adds features that the iPhone doesn't even have.

    4. It can also be argued that the iPhone camera sucks as well, as instead of processing the image neutrally, it over saturates images to make them pop more. The Pre3 camera doesn't saturate as much, though the app for it leaves something to be desired.
    Actually Steve jobs didn't include flash because it seriously slows down the hardware. Even some of todays android phones don't have it
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
    ok, image quality is good in sunlight. But inside without any direct light, the images are very grainy. I can send you examples, if you want.
    Webpages with flash 'should' work on Pre3, but if there are multiple flash items in 1 page, the pre3 tends to crash or not show the website correctly.
    You guys really can use 3g and surf several hours with pre3? It is possible with Wifi/Edge, but as soon as I activate 3g I can almost count the battery capacity down, loading several websites in 1min is like 1% drain/min.

    Yes, the music player is good, but I still can't figure out how it sorts the files. Too bad you can't sort by directories.

    So overall, I wouldn't even think about getting a Pre3 nowadays. There are much better phones, the only real good things are webos and the keyboard, though I preferred the keyboard of the hp veer, since the buttons had a better reaction.b
    I know how the quality inside is. Like I said: I have a Pre 3. Outside the quality is good. Even with the sun going down. The first real picture I took with my Pre 3 was a picture of a sunset and it even got featured somewhere because it was just an astonishing picture. So that says a lot about the image quality.
    I do agree with you on the inside. When inside without direct light you can pretty much forget about it. But then again, even some high-end phones have that same problem. But yes, that is true.

    And yes, even though I have some battery problems they are not caused by 3G. And I never had a crash or weird rendering on Flash pages.

    And like I said: the music player is indeed not the best, but for a stock music player it's good enough. You have alternatives like Music Player Remix which lets you browse directories.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Actually Steve jobs didn't include flash because it seriously slows down the hardware. Even some of todays android phones don't have it
    No, that's because Adobe cancelled Flash for Android.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    No, that's because Adobe cancelled Flash for Android.
    there was an extension for UK users I think, something to do with the BBC wanting time to redo their iplayer with something other than flash, so it returned for a while in the uk, no idea how long tho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I can't decide. I love webOS but the iPhone 5 looks pretty nice with all the features. but the Pre3 also looks nice too. HELP
    iphone5 is a way better than hp pre3 having all the needs for a all age kinds
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Actually Steve jobs didn't include flash because it seriously slows down the hardware. Even some of todays android phones don't have it
    That is Apple's pitiful excuse. Simply put, Jobs refused Adobe access to the APIs which allowed hardware acceleration. A good example of this is comparing Flash on Mac and Windows. Say viewing Flash content on a Mac sucks up 40% available resources. Even on XP, that same content would only suck up 10-20%, since Microsoft allows access to those APIs. Even though Flash is resource intensive, the iPhone has no excuse as it only concentrates it resources to do one task only. It's not like the other OSs which can run Flash content while having a live app in the background. Heck, even Symbian has a version of Flash, which has a weaker CPU and less RAM than the iPhone.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Actually Steve jobs didn't include flash because it seriously slows down the hardware. Even some of todays android phones don't have it
    I read an article a while back from a webdev who stated that html5 and flash were slow, it was just that they were slow in different areas, but neither one beat the other overall.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Rnp likes this.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I can't decide. I love webOS but the iPhone 5 looks pretty nice with all the features. but the Pre3 also looks nice too. HELP
    better switch to android because its a big change that u wil ever see even though iam a hard core fan of applei would say that samsung galaxy s3 is far better than iphone5 with amazing apps an the features like smart stay make it the best over iphone5
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I can't decide. I love webOS but the iPhone 5 looks pretty nice with all the features. but the Pre3 also looks nice too. HELP
    I'm getting the iPhone 5. The Pre3 has been great to me but I'm slowly getting sucked into the Apple Walled Garden with my iPad with apps that the Pre3 simply can't replicate.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by sampras View Post
    better switch to android because its a big change that u wil ever see even though iam a hard core fan of applei would say that samsung galaxy s3 is far better than iphone5 with amazing apps an the features like smart stay make it the best over iphone5
    screw android it sucks ****
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    laingman likes this.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    screw android it sucks ****
    Different strokes and all...

    I'm pretty sure the webOS Nation forum is not the place to try and mass convert people to Android, iOS, Win-Phone, Symbian, Bada, Blackberry, Belle, S40, Mer, SHR, Meego, Maemo, Tizen, Brew, LiMo, Firefox, Aliyun or anything else...

    Championing something other than webOS is most likely to end in argument as well.

    Still some people do try.

    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Different strokes and all...

    I'm pretty sure the webOS Nation forum is not the place to try and mass convert people to Android, iOS, Win-Phone, Symbian, Bada, Blackberry, Belle, S40, Mer, SHR, Meego, Maemo, Tizen, Brew, LiMo, Firefox, Aliyun or anything else...

    Championing something other than webOS is most likely to end in argument as well.

    Still some people do try.

    I just had to "borrow" your signature beers.
    Palm Pre3 - Palm Pre2 - HP Veer - TouchPad16 - TouchPad32
  19. #79  
    I love my Pre3 and I have a spare just to use as a spare battery charger. I bought it when there were no extra batteries available. I am thinking about selling the spare phone and getting a spare battery instead.

    But as much as I love my pre3 and my pre2 before and the Pre Plus before that and the touchpad I have, I just don't feel like webOS is moving forward and so I am contemplating what to do myself once upgrade time comes in February.

    As for those who are discussing navigation and flash, you can get flash on the iPhone. I saw someone with an app that makes it work very well on their iPhone 4s. And for Navigation, NDrive is a great device based navigation app that works very well for me.

    I don't want to give up on a physical keyboard, but I don't think I'll miss the double typed letters either.

    People complain about the camera but I still think it takes good pictures even in low light, and a trick I use to get it to focus in very low light situations is to turn the flashlight on before taking a picture. And it takes fast pictures too with the spacebar and nice quality video.

    But I am getting bored with the selection of apps. Just being real. And the OS does have its weird quirks. And I wish I could block all apps from rotating with the accelerometer sometimes.

    In the end, get what works for you. WebOS is still a great OS and its very quick at getting to what you need, whether it be an app or a contact or a phone setting, its very efficient at that.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Vistaus and TouchPadPro like this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions