Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by blm22 View Post
    sigh, Buy a jellybean device and be happy with the amazingness compared to apples crap.

As I always say, I can paint crap gold but its still crap.
    Why would you tell me to get a jellybean device if its gold painted crap
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I can't decide. I love webOS but the iPhone 5 looks pretty nice with all the features. but the Pre3 also looks nice too. HELP
    How and where are you getting the Pre3 for Verizon? Is this in the store?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPreKnox View Post
    How and where are you getting the Pre3 for Verizon? Is this in the store?

Thanks.
    Online, ebay, amazon, etc.

The phones were never released for retail, and have no HP warranty because of this.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Screw crackberry. (Not the site)
    Have you ever used a Blackberry PlayBook? If you have, its user interface should be strikingly familiar to you...

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    KRS-One likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Have you ever used a Blackberry PlayBook? If you have, its user interface should be strikingly familiar to you...
    The problem is for webOS lover like me, I always have ill feel each time play the playbook. This is very personal and subjective matter. The feel somewhat like "I want the real thing, but I use the fake one". That feeling can't go away. So that's why even now I have Blackberry for work beside Pre3, I won't buy or use playbook even it is fairly cheap or someone gave me as a gift.
    hf199 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Well I have a Pre2 and I'm buying a Pre3 on Amazon next week and activate my profile and upgrading. I'll be able to sms and touch to share on my Touchpad. Then its BB10 early next year as my second phone.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Online, ebay, amazon, etc.

The phones were never released for retail, and have no HP warranty because of this.
    Amazon $325 and ebay $399
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Pre 3 does have turn-by-turn navigation but I do agree about the battery. But then again, you could buy the 1400 MAh battery for the Pre 3 and that's still a lot cheaper than the iPhone 5. The 1400 MAh gets you through a working day.
    What are you guys doing with your Pre3? Bad coverage area or something?

My original Pre was borderline about 8h.

My Pre3 gets *easily* through a day (stock battery).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Well, I don't do anything special and the coverage area is pretty much always the full 4-5 bars. But it even drains without data on. I really don't use it for anything special. I just tweet things when I feel like it but that's under the average of what an average tweeter tweets. Furthermore I look something up on the web every now and then and I text every now and then. That's about all that I do so it *should* get me through a solid day, even with stock battery. But for some reason it doesn't.
    Why would you tell me to get a jellybean device if its gold painted crap
    Because that's literally what anything Apple makes is. It's a Dell on the inside that's either made with gold or unicorn's blood to have a price tag of that size.
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    What are you guys doing with your Pre3? Bad coverage area or something?

My original Pre was borderline about 8h.

My Pre3 gets *easily* through a day (stock battery).
    Mine is okay with my Mugen, but I used the hell outta data, SMS, and BT radio (in the car and at work playing podcasts usually).

Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    Because that's literally what anything Apple makes is. It's a Dell on the inside that's either made with golden unicorn's blood to have a price tag of that size.
    Fixed your quote.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've had an AT&T Pre3 (on Bell Canada right now) for over a year, and I can tell you: it is great! I am constantly bombarded by announcements of much better hardware from Samsung, HTC, Motorola and even Apple, but that doesn't make my Pre3 feel obsolete at all. It still does what I need it do and I am constantly shaking my head at friends and colleagues who're still having separate profiles for their different contacts (I show them Synergy), go through a maze of swipes and gestures just to get to figure out what app is concurrently running on their device and switching to it or sending me tons of (wrongly) autocorrected messages in their text messages just because their virtual keyboard is cantankerous to use. The only misgivings I have is when some new mobile app is announced that I feel I could use and there's no version for webOS. The hardware, however, is still quite sufficient and capable.

I keep trying to write apps for webOS, but getting started is just so painfully hard for me. Otherwise, I have a couple of app in mind to write.

If it were me, I'd go for another Pre3 over either an iPhone5 or the latest Android phone if I had to decide today.
    True enough about the speed. It won't beat an S3 or iPhone 5 but the question is: is *that* speed really neccarily? I mean, it takes 2 seconds to beam up the web browser on my Pre 3 instead of instantaious on aforementioned devices. Not sure what you guys think but 2 seconds is more than fast enough for me. I can loose an extra 2 seconds on this life I'm living
    And that counts for most apps. Only Maps is awfully slow but about all the other apps (especially the ther built-in ones and the not-so-memory-consuming ones) are mostly opened in about 2 seconds.
    I'm with others who say "Buy what works for you"

Personally I love my Pre3 and the battery lasts quite a while if you switch off GPS (at least a day even when clocked) but then I prefer the physical keyboard designs, the OS is fluid, and I really REALLY hate iTunes
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    Rnp, Vistaus and TouchPadPro like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Pre 3 does have turn-by-turn navigation but I do agree about the battery. But then again, you could buy the 1400 MAh battery for the Pre 3 and that's still a lot cheaper than the iPhone 5. The 1400 MAh gets you through a working day.
    I'm using a stock battery and the power-saving Mode Switcher settings that have been posted in these forums. I now get incredible battery life on the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Pre3 does not have turn-by-turn navigation, battery is barely enough for a working day (8h).
    Definitely iPhone 5 is my next phone. I also like SONY Xperia P but it is a "stolen product".
    The Pre 3 does have turn by turn. Navit works very well on it. See my replacement simple ODS for the pre 3 for more readable distance stats and such. I've also not had any battery issues.

Yes the pre3 does have some incredibly frustrating problems. But the above aren't two of them.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I use a Sprint Evo 3D and a unlocked Pre 2. (I also have a touchpad). Nice thing about sprint is that you can use Google Voice and all my calls and texts are routed to both my phone. This way I can use either device. Also, if I bluetooth sync my Touchpad, I can answer them there too. I bought a Pre 2 off craigslist for $70 and added it to someone else AT&T plan. Since its unlocked AT&T thinks it a standard phone so I only pay $10 for data. I mainly use my Evo for data tho.
    I would love to switch to the $10 data plan, but with the amount I use, they would surely catch me. The wife could probably get away with it on her Pre2 though...
    Absolutely and always get iPhone on the contract. I would also suggest everyone that is getting new phone on the contract to get iPhone. iPhone costs $650. All other phones are much cheaper than that. Do Not even open the box, sell it right away for 600. Now buy yourself Pre3 for 300 on ebay, and use another 300 to treat yourself with maybe iPod touch and you got the best of both worlds.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoman4 View Post
    Absolutely and always get iPhone on the contract. I would also suggest everyone that is getting new phone on the contract to get iPhone. iPhone costs $650. All other phones are much cheaper than that. Do Not even open the box, sell it right away for 600. Now buy yourself Pre3 for 300 on ebay, and use another 300 to treat yourself with maybe iPod touch and you got the best of both worlds.
    well actually now a days most smartphones are more expensive then that unlocked
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast