Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    If you really want to switch from webOS, wait for the Lumia 920. It's a better phone IMO than the iPhone 5 will be. I switched from a Pre 3 (that broke) to a Lumia 900 and I love it. It's no webOS UI, but still better than the iOS interface...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Pre3 does not have turn-by-turn navigation, battery is barely enough for a working day (8h).
    Definitely iPhone 5 is my next phone. I also like SONY Xperia P but it is a "stolen product".
    Pre 3 does have turn-by-turn navigation but I do agree about the battery. But then again, you could buy the 1400 MAh battery for the Pre 3 and that's still a lot cheaper than the iPhone 5. The 1400 MAh gets you through a working day.
    Rnp likes this.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    If you really want to switch from webOS, wait for the Lumia 920. It's a better phone IMO than the iPhone 5 will be. I switched from a Pre 3 (that broke) to a Lumia 900 and I love it. It's no webOS UI, but still better than the iOS interface...
    I actually wanted the 820 if its on Verizon
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I can't decide. I love webOS but the iPhone 5 looks pretty nice with all the features. but the Pre3 also looks nice too. HELP
    Buy both. iPhone 5 to use as daily phone and Pre3 just to satisfy your webOS obsession. If you end up with only one of them you will have that feeling that you made wrong decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Pre3 does not have turn-by-turn navigation, battery is barely enough for a working day (8h).
    Definitely iPhone 5 is my next phone. I also like SONY Xperia P but it is a "stolen product".
    thats funny Id take the Sony over an isheep phone anyday
    That depends on you

Do you really like the 3? Are you willing to overlook webOS's flaws? Do you love the design? etc
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Coming from an iphone 4 I prefer the pre3 myself. I know that at this point the pre3 is a little long in the tooth, but it is an upgrade from any other webOS phone. Everyone uses these devices differently, and whats right for me may not be whats right for you, but I totally dig the pre3, and I like apple, hate windows anything, and am completely apathetic towards android. Right now at this point in time, for me its hands down pre3.
    laingman and Jozz like this.
    id get neither. get the galaxy s 3 and call it a day. best phone ive ever owned.
    Lumia 920 is good choice for me at first. But after I see one of Nokia Lumia 920 video on youtube, showed wireless charging same with Palm technology but Nokia PRPRPR $said$ $that$ $first$ $most$ $ambitious$ $solution$ $for$ $wireless$ $charging$. $I$ $lost$ $my$ $taste$ $to$ $buy$ $it$. $Nokia$ $steal$ $Palm$ $technology$ $and$ $yet$ $they$ $not$ $admit$ $it$. $I$ $think$ $I$ $go$ $to$ $HTC$ $products$. $I$ $think$ $HP$ $should$ $sue$ $Nokia$ $for$ $this$ $wireless$ $charging$.
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    no offense but i say stop caring what other people think you should get, find out what you want and/or need in a phone, and buy whatever that is.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 09/13/2012 at 10:09 PM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Which one does the things you do the most the best
    I've used my brother's lumia 800, and while i think its really slick and pretty, i think the 920 is far too large for me, and the OS a little counter-intuitive. The iPhone 5 on the other hand is really gorgeous. I don't know, but im actually really interested in getting one particuarly with my Pre 3's random reboots. iOS i believe is second best to webos (it feels pretty fresh to me, but that's because ive only really used iOS on my iPad), but my Pre 3 and Veer are still really good, so i'm a bit unsure
    If I had to choose between Me-toPhone 5 and Pre 3, I would buy another Pre 3 as backup.

Anders

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    OldSkoolVWLover, Jozz and Rnp like this.
    spare batteries can get damaged. Also extra $$ for me
    So can cables and you can forget to grab it after charging it some place. Plus, w/ a spare battery, you won't be at the mercy of finding an outlet and asking random people on the train if they can use the outlet under your seat.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    You know, I've looked over the new iPhone, and while it's a beautiful piece of technology, iOS just leaves me feeling... Meh. It's boring. Sit an iPhone 3 next to a 4s, and put those next to a 5, and they all look and work about the same. It's like the same oatmeal raisin cookie... just cut into a different shape.

Reason I ditched my iPhone was because I just got bored with the OS and my Pre3 just worked better. Sure, I don't have 1,000,000 apps to choose from - but I only need and use 5.

I'd go Pre3, but that's just me. Or as Apple used to say, 'Think Different!'
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    Rnp and boovish like this.
    Got 2 extra Pre3 batteries for $12 or $13 apiece (theres a link somewhere on this site). They have worked fine so far.
    My advice would be to take a look at other offerings too. Nokia 920, One x, galaxy s3 although all of these are bigger than 4" but don't buy a phone without holding and using (at least for a few minutes) the other competitors first. Who knows you may like the feel of other phones better.

Functionality wise I would say others are better than iphone. Pre 3 does not have a lot of apps, no turn by turn navigation, no support or hope for new apps. A nokia 900 may be a better "deal" than a pre 3 at this point (since both are past generation software) but Nokia has a lot of apps that make it competitive to Android or IOS and build quality is superb on Nokia. I wish Nokia had bought Palm instead of HP..
    Hmm maybe used iPhone 5 for backup and HP Pre3 for daily driver
    I had a feeling friend boovish would want both anyway.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    boovish likes this.
    sigh, Buy a jellybean device and be happy with the amazingness compared to apples crap.

As I always say, I can paint crap gold but its still crap.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    So can cables and you can forget to grab it after charging it some place. Plus, w/ a spare battery, you won't be at the mercy of finding an outlet and asking random people on the train if they can use the outlet under your seat.
    My iPhone 4S is always on the charger at night so its never almost dead in the morning. Its normally still at 100% by the time I'm school
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast