Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Do you also feel that your Pre3 is faster after the clean up ? having less lag ?
    Not really, feels about the same as before.
    Can I use "Reset Palm Profile" in Impostah to try to re-enter my old Palm Profile without having to Doctor the phone and reinstall preware, patches, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Can I use "Reset Palm Profile" in Impostah to try to re-enter my old Palm Profile without having to Doctor the phone and reinstall preware, patches, etc?

Yes, you can remove your existing profile, reset, (if you reboot it will wipe all app data), but then (before you reboot) you can use Activation to log into your old palm account, when you reboot all data will remain but you will be able to pull your paid apps down...
    Ok--so only app data will disappear? What if I'm not able to log into the old palm profile; it will just redownload my app data from the other profile if I re-login with that?
    And only app catalog apps will go? Or also Preware apps?
    And only app catalog apps will go? Or also Preware apps?
    If you reset and reboot you will loose all apps and app data (USB drive will be ok)...

if you reset and activated then reboot every thing will stay the same you will be in your old profile but all the data will be from your previous profile.

So old profile = a, new profile =b...

Pre3 is using b, reset, Pre3 is using none (do not reboot select cancel), activate pre3 is now using a, but all data/apps installed are from b, but now you can download paid apps from a, when a HP/Palm backup runs it will save data on Pre3 to a, this is why you would then use impostah backup tab to restore A's previous backup that worked.
    Ok--sorry if I'm obtuse here. When I reset the profile, it will put me at the registration screen?
    Better idea: just run the first-use app while the system is live. It'll remove your previous webOS profile, and after you log in it'll set up a new one, without touching your apps or data. However, it will try to do a restore and you can get duplicates and a whole bunch of apps you don't use any more.
    But I do need a restore--the point is that I need to get my paid apps back. Re-adding my various accounts in Synergy was not a problem. It's the missing apps.
    Ok--sorry if I'm obtuse here. When I reset the profile, it will put me at the registration screen?
    it will but if you can not log in because of a corrupt profile it will fail when you go thru the normal firstuse app method
    But I do need a restore--the point is that I need to get my paid apps back. Re-adding my various accounts in Synergy was not a problem. It's the missing apps.
    The method I suggested will swap your profiles which will retain your existing data but allows you to use the app catalog to get your paid apps back.
    Thanks, John. So it will wipe out all apps and replace them with what was on the old profile? Will preware installed apps just stay? What behavior should I expect for things like Google calendar, contacts etc? Will I end up with duplicates?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12