Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Hey, dadwarf, did you ever get this figured out? I'm stuck at finding/creating the boot image for the Pre 3 and the other geniuses have been unresponsive so far.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    I SINCERELY FIXED THIS PROBLEM:::: TWICE
    What I did to it was simple and WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY if there is one any way!
    1) Remove the battery
    2) Take out all the screws
    3) Take a clean tooth brush and brush the board and the battery pins lightly to clean it ...
    4) PLACE THE BATTERY BACK IN AND PLUG IN YOUR PHONE TO THE CHARGER ... CROSS YOUR FINGERS!
    -IF IT DOES NOT TURN OUT, DO 1-4 AGAIN-
    5) DOCTOR YOUR PHONE/REINSTALL WEBOS AGAIN FOR GOOD MEASURE
    it turns out, I cant doctor it anymore, I just did a full secure wipe ... if there is a way to place the "bootie" file/img in my pre to test and get it to work IM ALL EARS ... what I posted worked for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by terroar View Post
    it turns out, I cant doctor it anymore, I just did a full secure wipe ... if there is a way to place the "bootie" file/img in my pre to test and get it to work IM ALL EARS ... what I posted worked for me!
    You can actually load the files pretty easily using QPST and the boot files from the doctor *IF* the innards are not dying/dead. The deterioration of the phone's ability to switch to download/doctor mode, freezes and trouble turning on are signs of this.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    You can actually load the files pretty easily using QPST and the boot files from the doctor *IF* the innards are not dying/dead. The deterioration of the phone's ability to switch to download/doctor mode, freezes and trouble turning on are signs of this.
    Hey determinedd , can you give me a walk through? I would love to try this and post on youtube for use pre 3 owners who love this device! Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by terroar1776 View Post
    Hey determinedd , can you give me a walk through? I would love to try this and post on youtube for use pre 3 owners who love this device! Thanks in advance
    The Pre 3 is so solid that there's never been a need to do this! The process came from smart folks working to recover "dead" Touchpad's due to battery drain and corrupt boot. Some of us Pre 3 owners jumped on board only to realize that we don't have the same issue, but there's actually a failed component in our phone.

My first Pre 3 overheated due to a combination of patches to keep the screen on and stop the browser from suspending pages.
    Last edited by determinedd; 05/29/2013 at 10:47 AM.
    thanks for that info, determindd but I want to fix the issue not talk about how awesome and solid the phone is brother
    thanks for that info, determindd but I want to fix the issue not talk about how awesome and solid the phone is brother
    Does your phone turn on at all or show any signs of life?
    When you plug your phone into the computer what is the full device description it displays?

Also, read this blog post to prepare your environment
    dadwarf: Working on ... HP Pre 3 stuck in Download Mode
    Yes sir, it comes turns on abd its full operational but I cant get it in BOOTIE or able to doctor it ... if I try any of those two bootie/doctor the phone it wont come on at all unless I take it apart ... so I cant doctor it at all! I appreciate your help bro, this phone is still awesome, I cant wait to put this on a galaxy nexus and keep this as my backup.

Btw, what are the steps to do to properly fix this issue if anything comes to mind with this issue?

thanks fam!
    Yes sir, it comes turns on abd its full operational but I cant get it in BOOTIE or able to doctor it ... if I try any of those two bootie/doctor the phone it wont come on at all unless I take it apart ... so I cant doctor it at all! I appreciate your help bro, this phone is still awesome, I cant wait to put this on a galaxy nexus and keep this as my backup.

Btw, what are the steps to do to properly fix this issue if anything comes to mind with this issue?

thanks fam!
    When you attempt to doctor your phone (holding vol up and connected to computer) does the USB logo ever show up? What is the full device description (see Device Manager in Windows)?
    Last edited by determinedd; 06/03/2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: understood
    Hi guys, I have had a look over this thread but it all goes over my head a bit. Anyway my problem seems to be the same as everyone on this thread in that my PRE 3 is totally dead, what i have found though is that when I plug in to my computer I get this driver installed : Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.

I was wondering whether this means it is possible to resurrect my dead pre and if so what do i need to do?

Sorry if im just repeating old questions but I have hit the proverbial brick wall.

Any help would be much appreciated .
    Quote Originally Posted by rsemp View Post
    Hi guys, I have had a look over this thread but it all goes over my head a bit. Anyway my problem seems to be the same as everyone on this thread in that my PRE 3 is totally dead, what i have found though is that when I plug in to my computer I get this driver installed : Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.

I was wondering whether this means it is possible to resurrect my dead pre and if so what do i need to do?

Sorry if im just repeating old questions but I have hit the proverbial brick wall.

Any help would be much appreciated .
    Follow this blog post and see if you get anywhere we have not...
    Follow this blog post and see if you get anywhere we have not...
    Cheers for the quick reply,

I have managed to get all the files except the eMMCBLD.HEX that I cant get anywhere.

Even so does anyone know if its possible for us to change the TPdebrick program to work around the parameters of the Pre 3 given their similar hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsemp View Post
    Cheers for the quick reply,

I have managed to get all the files except the eMMCBLD.HEX that I cant get anywhere.

Even so does anyone know if its possible for us to change the TPdebrick program to work around the parameters of the Pre 3 given their similar hardware?
    I tried to change the tpdebrick, but I realized we have the partition definition already, don't need to flash the firmware and don't need to account for different versions of the webOS doctor, all of which tpdebrick does. It also requires the emmc loader for the Pre 3, which can't be found anymore.
    Last edited by determinedd; 06/08/2013 at 07:55 PM.
    I have the same problem: my Pre 3 got bricked 4 days ago (once it just didn't turned on the screen).
    Now it only advertizes itself on the USB as QHSUSB_DLOAD device, but nothing, not even the USB logo appears for the recovery mode.

It would be awesome to be able to resurrect it, but my biggest concern is (for now) all my data on it. For some stupid reasons I didn't made any backup in the last 3 months, and now I'm really worried.

As I've read there is no 100% way of restoring a Pre3 from this state, I would like to know, is there a way to extract the data from the internal partition? As I have a backup device (thanks my foresight), this would allow me to use my favorite Pre3 with my data, and experiment with the bricked device later.

Btw. given the way it used to get hot, it's possible that it got boiled to the point of total failure (as someone else mentioned too).
    Is there a possibility to create a working device from two similar Pre3's with the memory of the bricked device and the other working components of the spare one?

Thanks.
    I've managed to build one phone out of two. I suppose it depends on the issues with both however.

Any luck in restoring/resurrecting a Pre3 or TP yet?
    When you attempt to doctor your phone (holding vol up and connected to computer) does the USB logo ever show up? What is the full device description (see Device Manager in Windows)?

I will try this tonight to the best of my ability!!!! Hopefully we can get a description of the problem and trouble shoot ... I did use the patch for no refreshing my web pages so i guess this help corrupt my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    I've managed to build one phone out of two. I suppose it depends on the issues with both however.

Any luck in restoring/resurrecting a Pre3 or TP yet?
    how did you manage to build the pre 3 Paulscarbs?
    My German Pre3 is stuck in Download mode too out of nowhere. Thank god I do have a spare Pre3 but I do want this one to be working again.

In browsing the web I couldn't find any solution till now

Maybe someone got this working again.
    Last edited by MikeDeWitt; 09/04/2013 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    My German Pre3 is stuck in Download mode too out of nowhere. Thank god I do have a spare Pre3 but I do want this one to be working again.

In browsing the web I couldn't find any solution till now

Maybe someone got this working again.
    OK I THINK I GOT REALLY ******* LUCKY AND I MEAN REALLY LUCKY!!!! I GOT IT WORKING AND EVEN USED WEBOS DOCTOR ON IT TWICE AND BEFORE IT WOULDN'T EVEN ALLOW IT TO GO TO USB MODE NOR BOOTIE ONLY BOOTED UP....

For those who have a dead pre dload mode b.s this is what I did to get it working! I maybe lucky or I may be on to something!

1) if it doesn't start up or boot after charging it for hours ... Unscrew the back housing and remove that piece!

2) place the battery on the 4 pin battery connector and try to get your phone to turn on by holding the battery in place and holding the power button! Try this NUMEROUS TIMES I GOT IT TO BOOT AFTER 5 TIMES YOURS MIGHT NEED MORE!

3) IF it boots up normally and you get access to the phone and it functions normally, remove the battery from the pins and screw on the back piece and place the battery back it!

4) THIS IS HOW I GOT LUCKY --- after mine booted up and I gained access for some reason I decided to open up webosquickinstall (latest version) and leave it up, I opened commandline and typed "boogie" NOTHING HAPPENED ... LEAVING QUICKINSTALL OPEN STILL AT COMMANDLINE I Then opened up the webosdoctor2.2.4.jar and proceeded to doctor it, THE DOCTOR STARTED TO WORK AN SUDDENLY MY PRE 3 THAT FAILED TO GO IN BOOTIE AND USB MODE, FINALLY IT WANT IN BOOTIE AND USB MODE AND DOCTORED MY DEVICE ... IM HAPPY AS ****!!!! If this helps you please spread the word if not keep trying!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast