1.    #1  
    Hi,

the reception of my pre3 is suddenly really bad. It only affects the usual 2g /3g networks, wifi reception is and was fine. Is it possible that some antenna inside the pre3 is broken? Usually I had 1-2 bars out of 5 at home, now it's 0. In town I had 3-4 bars, now only 1-2. Is there something I can do? Other mobile devices work as good as before and don't have any problems in the same network.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Hi,

the reception of my pre3 is suddenly really bad. It only affects the usual 2g /3g networks, wifi reception is and was fine. Is it possible that some antenna inside the pre3 is broken? Usually I had 1-2 bars out of 5 at home, now it's 0. In town I had 3-4 bars, now only 1-2. Is there something I can do? Other mobile devices work as good as before and don't have any problems in the same network.
    Suddenly really bad? First, what have you done recently? (patch, kernal, anything?) If so, undo the steps you did to get to that point. Second, carrier? Who is it? Have you changed carriers? Is it T-Mobile I bet. Your antenna is not broken.
    +1 for carrier as a first step...

Especially before cracking it open and fiddling inside.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    I didn't change anything recently, I mean really nothing in the past 2 months. Carrier is T-Mobile Germany, who have the best coverage here
    Could be weather related. By me, if it's humid, I can kiss any decent reception goodbye. It could also be affected by any recent construction that could block reception.
    Tropical storms in my area have affected towers. Reception on T-Mobile and AT&T has been bad for months!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    sounds like T-Mobile worldwide are bad! I'm on T-Mobile UK and reception here is pretty bad at my workplace. I thought it was my Pre3 as well but I was speaking to my colleague and he's got the exact same issue on his HTC Desire.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I'm currently and unfortunately on T-Mobile here in Colorado and I can assure you that T-Mobile sucks a lot! When on art the reception is fine and strong. Its definitely carrier related. T-Mobile is cheap and one of the worst to use and deal with
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I'm currently and unfortunately on T-Mobile here in Colorado and I can assure you that T-Mobile sucks a lot! When on ATT the reception is fine and strong. Its definitely carrier related. T-Mobile is cheap and one of the worst to use and deal with
    ATT not art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    I'm currently and unfortunately on T-Mobile here in Colorado and I can assure you that T-Mobile sucks a lot! When on art the reception is fine and strong. Its definitely carrier related. T-Mobile is cheap and one of the worst to use and deal with
    It's not because they're cheap. A lot of it has to do with politics, literally. Where I use to live, T-Mo had zero reception. Yet every time they tried to build a tower, the "Not in My Backyard" folks sprang up. Yet these same folks complain about poor reception. I'm glad I don't live with those morons anymore, but I digress.

Another might have to do with spectrum choice, as higher frequency spectrums don't have the penetrating power of lower frequencies. T-Mo in the US uses 1700, 1900 & 2100 (not sure if they use other GSM frequencies), which all on the high end compared to AT&T (850 & 1900 for 3G).

In Europe, T-Mo/Com is one of the largest providers. Just they never had the money to invest here like the others.