Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tomtom31
  1.    #1  
    Hello

    I aum using a Pre 3 in switzerland with the provider swisscom. Except the MMS is everything working fine. When I send a MMS then I receive an error with the description "Unable to send Message, Service not activated on network".

    I tried the automatic settings and the manual settings with the settings provides by the provider swisscom, but no luck to get the mms working.

    Does anyone has a hint how I can solve my problem?

    Cheers Tom
  2. #2  
    Did you add the port number after the MMS proxy string?

    There is no separate entry spot for port in webOS so you have to use a colon and tack it onto the end of the proxy string:

    192.168.210.2:8080

    Also, for your carrier, Max Size should be 300 - according to my research...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Did you add the port number after the MMS proxy string?

    There is no separate entry spot for port in webOS so you have to use a colon and tack it onto the end of the proxy string:

    192.168.210.2:8080

    Also, for your carrier, Max Size should be 300 - according to my research...
    Yes, I did that.

    I use the following details for the mms settings:
    APN: event.swisscom.ch
    Username: empty
    Password: emtpy
    MMSC: http://mms.natel.ch:8079
    MMS Proxy: 192.168.210.2:8080
    Max Size: 300

    I tried the same with my old Pre2 and there it is working. May there are additional settings to do perhaps in a system internal db?
  4. #4  
    There is no separate entry spot for port in webOS
  5. #5  
    Here is a copy of the Swisscom entry off the carrierdb.json file from my GSM Unlocked Pre 2: swisscom carrierdb.json

    Open it with Wordpad. It might have some clues for settings.

    If you want to tack it onto the end of your carrierdb.json file use the instructions in the first post of this very useful thread: HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  6.    #6  
    I compared your file with the entry on the carriedb.json on my pre3 and the two entries are identical. I extracted the entry of the pre3 carrierdb.json, saved it in a new file and compared your file with my file. I used the toll textpad to compare them, the result is that both files are 100% identical. I am running out of ideas....

    I guess the problem is not based on the device, the problem is based at the providers side..... I think I have to live without mms.
  7. #7  
    unlockit out of New Zealand shows Swisscom settings and they leave MMS Max Size blank... Might be worth a try???

    Activexperts.com likewise leaves it blank...

    This YouTube video: recommends that the User Name be Swisscom MMS


    Best of luck and don't give up.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #8  
    Hi folks

    Problem solved!

    As I guessed the problem was not based on the device itself. First I modified the carrierdb with no success, then I called my provider and after 45 mintues on the phone, I received an MMS. The Provider told me that the MMS service for my device was not activated properly and he restarted it. My guess is that my device was not in the white list for MMS, but I can not prove it. Anyway I am happy that MMS is now working and I would like to thanks everybody for their help.

    Cheers Tom
    RumoredNow likes this.
  9. #9  
    Huzzah!!!!!

    Glad to hear you got it working.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee

Posting Permissions