Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. trillexer's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #1  
    Whenever I turn off wifi and go back on to data, I get nothing. Pages error out stating that it timed out (No data connection). I end up having to turn off data, wait at least one minute, and then re-enable before I get data to turn back on and am able to use it.

    I've never used a GSM device before, but now I'm on straight talk. Is this typical of SIM cards? Does anyone else have this issue with straight talk?

    Also, today, when I decided to post something on the forums, it decided to work right off of Wifi. The whole thing confuses me. I don't know where to really start troubleshooting.

    Does this sound like an issue with the phone, the SIM card, or the carrier?

    Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    I'm gonna guess its carrier related or OS related errors. Best bet is to add the homebrew app preware and see if there are any patches that will help fix your issue. Or doctor your device and see if its just a glitch in the OS on the phone. I've never seen these specific issues so its not a wide spread issue , I don't think lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. trillexer's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm gonna guess its carrier related or OS related errors. Best bet is to add the homebrew app preware and see if there are any patches that will help fix your issue. Or doctor your device and see if its just a glitch in the OS on the phone. I've never seen these specific issues so its not a wide spread issue , I don't think lol
    Yeah, I doctored it shortly after I first got it because of this. I also checked for patches in preware, but there's nothing for this specific issue. Looks like it might be a carrier thing at this point. I was hoping for better news, because the carrier is something I can't fix.
  4. #4  
    It is known and reported that Straight Talk is having data issues and has been for weeks. I believe they are updating systems and it is throwing things off while they roll out their internal updates.

    I did have problems for about two weeks in Southwest Missouri. Now it seems to be back to normal. I've had 3 days of uninterrupted data service and hope it means the updates are done in my area for now.

    One trick is to power down, pull the SIM and wait a few minutes before inserting the SIM and booting up. That forces the network to establish service on your phone again. A PITA to be sure.

    We all hope it is a temporary problem that resolves itself soon.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  5. #5  
    Check this thread for some issues with ST, specifically the second page eblade mentions an issue with ST data.

    Straight Talk
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trillexer View Post
    Whenever I turn off wifi and go back on to data, I get nothing. Pages error out stating that it timed out (No data connection). I end up having to turn off data, wait at least one minute, and then re-enable before I get data to turn back on and am able to use it.

    I've never used a GSM device before, but now I'm on straight talk. Is this typical of SIM cards? Does anyone else have this issue with straight talk?

    Also, today, when I decided to post something on the forums, it decided to work right off of Wifi. The whole thing confuses me. I don't know where to really start troubleshooting.

    Does this sound like an issue with the phone, the SIM card, or the carrier?

    Any ideas?
    I have the same damned problem. Thought it was a straight talk issue, but I can duplicate this EVERY MORNING when I switch from wifi to gsm data. If I turn off the phone radio for a few seconds, then turn it back on, data comes back.
    : (){:|:&};:
  7. #7  
    OK my issues seem to be back.

    Every day at work I have to put my phone in Airplane mode and then I turn off Airplane mode when work is done.

    I had no data after work last night. I opened Dialer > Preferences > Data Usage... Toggled it to off. Close Dialer. Open Dialer and toggle Data Usage to on. Had data immediately. Toggling between 2g/3g/Auto might also solve the no voice problem eblade reported... Not sure on that yet.

    Also, I've switched off the Veer and am now on the Pre 2 for awhile as it needs some exercise. I'll report back if Pre 2 has any data issues.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  8. #8  
    Oh, I has this problems with IPhone, Rarz, Galaxy S, all my Pres... this is a carrier problem.

    In use the 3G in connection menu... off and on in data is enough to enable again, but sometime I have to use the airplane mode (on and off).

    Not only this, while in road, when changing from carrier's antenna, this can happens, too...

    I believe that is a GSM problem...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  9. #9  
    i just had an issue here on O2 germany where data wouldn't come back even after restart, but battery and SIM removal for over 10secs brought it back. Trying doesn't hurt and is easier than doctor
  10. trillexer's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #10  
    Having to pull the SIM is a pain. Sure, it's easier than doctoring it, but the Pre3 back is harder to remove that the previous versions. So much so that it feels like it's going to snap. To that end, I've read that some users have cracked the back when taking it off.

    I'm careful, but I'd rather not take it off any more than I need to.

    Turning off data and re-enabling it is the best workaround for the time being... but I'd really like a solution rather than a work around.

    Here's to using unsupported/dead technology. In the end, webOS and the Pre3 are worth the pain.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by trillexer View Post
    Having to pull the SIM is a pain. Sure, it's easier than doctoring it, but the Pre3 back is harder to remove that the previous versions. So much so that it feels like it's going to snap. To that end, I've read that some users have cracked the back when taking it off.

    I'm careful, but I'd rather not take it off any more than I need to.

    Turning off data and re-enabling it is the best workaround for the time being... but I'd really like a solution rather than a work around.

    Here's to using unsupported/dead technology. In the end, webOS and the Pre3 are worth the pain.
    This sounds like a OS issue tbh.

    My friend has straight talk, next time I'm around his place I'll test it with my pixi to see if I can reproduce this problem or if the pre3 really was canceled for a good reason.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by trillexer View Post
    Having to pull the SIM is a pain. Sure, it's easier than doctoring it, but the Pre3 back is harder to remove that the previous versions. So much so that it feels like it's going to snap. To that end, I've read that some users have cracked the back when taking it off.

    I'm careful, but I'd rather not take it off any more than I need to.

    Turning off data and re-enabling it is the best workaround for the time being... but I'd really like a solution rather than a work around.

    Here's to using unsupported/dead technology. In the end, webOS and the Pre3 are worth the pain.
    The trick to removing the back I have found is use a fingernail at the bottom middle and work around in both directions from the space bar. Once you have created the small gap at the bottom and up both sides
    then it comes off easily. Do not just pop it straight off from the bottom.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB

Posting Permissions