Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    People can no longer hear me when I call them, but I can hear them. Sometimes a reboot fixes it for a minute or two but then it just dies again. I've looked around and seen that others have had similar issues, but I haven't seen if anyone has been able to solve the problem.

    If it's a hardware issue, is there even a place it could be fixed? It's a VZW phone too meaning replacing it will be kind of expensive. My other option would be getting a galaxy nexus but android just drives me mad. lol

    So yeah, anyone know if there's a place that fixes Pre 3's? I know it's unlikely with the unsupported phone business, but I might as well see what can be done.
  2. #2  
    here is a site that I found Repair my device HP Pre 3 (Mobile Phones)
  3. Unsy's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxshaun1xx View Post
    here is a site that I found Repair my device HP Pre 3 (Mobile Phones)
    Thanks for the link - I've just asked for a quote for a new screen. I dropped my phone and it cracked - I'm gutted, love my Pre 3.
  4. #4  
    I would say before anything else, do a full erase and then doctor (maybe even to an earlier version of webOS). I only say this because if a reboot fixes it, it could something corrupt in the software.

    You may also want to mess with recording video (well really audio) to see if the mic pics up then (if the phone is not picking up audio but video is then you know it's a software issue for sure). Either way I would suggest the erase and doctor as a shot.

    I really don't feel like we have seen enough of this issue to say it is 100% hardware, when some folks have confirmed a software glitch with a reboot.

    I wish you luck and will keep my fingers crossed. Not sure where the mic "attaches" since it is on the same half of the phone as the comm board, but possibly you could get a gsm (or broken screen Pre3) and swap out the board with the mic on it, or some combination of parts to get a working VZW Pre3 again.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #5  
    Have you been using headphones with your phone? it might just be stuck in headset mode ... prob not tho
  6. #6  
    I have a pre for sale that has a messed up charger port. It can still be charged via the inductive charging . The highest bidder gets it in 2 weeks . Speaker works great and the screen is in good shape too! Message me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Have you been using headphones with your phone? it might just be stuck in headset mode ... prob not tho
    Nah I don't use headphones hardly at all. I probably will send the phone to the Doctor first before I consider sending it off to be fixed, but I'll keep these suggestions and links in mind. Thanks guys.
  8. #8  
    Download an app called audio switch in preware. If its headset mode it can disable it. Let us know
  9. #9  
    If nothing else, does bluetooth work okay? I've got a ton of possible BT solutions for you if you can make that work (I don't talk a lot on the phone so this may seem easier to me than to others).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10. #10  
    +1 on the doctor. Do that first and then report back because it sounds software related.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Download an app called audio switch in preware. If its headset mode it can disable it. Let us know
    I've messed around with this app. I don't really understand all its options but I don't see anything indicating it's stuck in headset mode.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I've messed around with this app. I don't really understand all its options but I don't see anything indicating it's stuck in headset mode.
    I'm thinking you don't have the headset headset mode problem. Its quite easy to tell, make a call and you know where the button to switch between speaker and front speaker, if you tap that you would have seen an icon that look like an headphone indicating headset mode.

    If you see that icon, then under phone channel in audio switch you could select disable headset mode.

    If that's not it then you have a problem not many around here have seen. Sorry
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Download an app called audio switch in preware. If its headset mode it can disable it. Let us know
    before you doctor, blow into the headset hole & also push the headset plug in and out a number of times as the gizmo that makes the mic&speaker shut off on the fone in favor of the headset can get stuck...

    if nothing works, get an app "the ghastly headset" that will allow you to manually turn off that & often will let you have your regular performance back ...I think the file is called "ghastly.ipk" but it's around ...it works...
  14. #14  
    What also works well is a zip tie. if you can get one that is an 1/8 wide (can even be a used one) put it in the head phone jack and turn it clock wise, it will push that little hardware button that tells the phone there is not a headset in there any more.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    People can no longer hear me when I call them, but I can hear them. Sometimes a reboot fixes it for a minute or two but then it just dies again. I've looked around and seen that others have had similar issues, but I haven't seen if anyone has been able to solve the problem.

    If it's a hardware issue, is there even a place it could be fixed? It's a VZW phone too meaning replacing it will be kind of expensive. My other option would be getting a galaxy nexus but android just drives me mad. lol

    So yeah, anyone know if there's a place that fixes Pre 3's? I know it's unlikely with the unsupported phone business, but I might as well see what can be done.
    I have one that does this 100% of the time, and one that only works on the second phone call made (1st one, and all beyond the 3rd fail). (Also have one that only transmits a super loud screeching noise, and one with a dead power switch)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    deibski likes this.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsy View Post
    Thanks for the link - I've just asked for a quote for a new screen. I dropped my phone and it cracked - I'm gutted, love my Pre 3.
    got 1 of those also. if they seriously can repair these things, i'd send them my entire set to get them fixed.

    Maybe it's a good thing that these didn't make it to their official release, they seem extremely fragile.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  17. #17  
    Since this 2 year old thread had reawakened,

    Can anyone report if the link above is actually repairing Pre3's successfully? That would be a heck of an asset to the folks here carrying that model.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Since this 2 year old thread had reawakened,

    Can anyone report if the link above is actually repairing Pre3's successfully? That would be a heck of an asset to the folks here carrying that model.
    Yes, I'd like to know if it works as my Pre 3 only works with Bluetooth these days.
  19. #19  
    with a little patience and help from this site you can repair your own screen. they can be found on ebay. I've repaired 3 of mine (destroyed the first one taking it apart)..I've also thrown away a perfectly good pre3 that had the screen saver blocking the light sensor, so don't ditch your old phones..or before you do..send them to me
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I have one that does this 100% of the time, and one that only works on the second phone call made (1st one, and all beyond the 3rd fail). (Also have one that only transmits a super loud screeching noise, and one with a dead power switch)
    I had the same experience...only worked on the 2nd phone call made. now it only works with BT period.

Posting Permissions