1.    #1  
    I know they don't work due to faulty cable. Hasn't worked since the day I got it. Basically I just need a way to turn up the earpiece volume once and be done with it. Can I do it through the terminal somehow?

I've tried every setting in touchvol and nothing helps. TIA!!!
    I suggest "Audio Switch"
    It lets you change the output (helpful with stuck headphone jack), and the volume as well.
    You can also use mode switcher, or go into your phone app and select preferences and accounts in the drop down. This will give you volume and ringer volume (if you don't see both it is because I have the advanced system preferences patches installed, so you can install that patch to get more functionality).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    couldn't get the patch to show the volume of the earpiece but I did figure out I had to scroll down in AudioSwitch. I've had audioswitch before but never knew you could scroll down from the top.
    could try calling hp as they have 1 year limited warranty, hp/palm uk fixed a dodgy microUSB port on my pre3 for free
    The majority of us don't have warrantied devices...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...