1.    #1  
    Yesterday I finally got a Pre 3! Great, right? Well, after unlocking it for use on T-mobile (it was an AT&T branded Pre 3) I decided today to install Preware on it. Not so great.

My computer won't recognize my Pre 3 at all. USB mode doesn't even enable itself on the Pre 3. It's like I merely plugged it into a wall outlet. Can't use webOS doctor, can't install Preware, can't even transfer files over via USB. My computer says it can't find the drivers at all.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Try another USB port or another PC. Make sure to connect it directly to the USB port, not via a hub etc
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Try another USB port or another PC. Make sure to connect it directly to the USB port, not via a hub etc
    I've tried every USB port on my laptop. I have no other computer. :-(
    goto just type, enter webos20090606, an icon appears for developer mode, run it, enable dev mode, hook the phone up to usb again, then run webosquickinstall.jar on your pc, see if wosqi can see the phone, it doesnt need to be in "proper" usb mode to get preware on, just needs dev mode and a working novacom/webosquickinstall on your pc/mac/whatever.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #5  
    That was exactly what I did when I tried to install Preware. WOQI doesn't recognize my Pre 3, my computer doesn't recognize my Pre 3. It's like the damn thing doesn't exist! I had Novacom already on the system and uninstalled/reinstalled it several times. I rebooted the Pre 3 and my laptop numerous times.

When I plug in the Pre 3 to my laptop it says it's unable to find and install device drivers. I tried to doctor it, nothing. It won't recognize it.

I never had an issue with my Sprint Pre or my TouchPad but apparently my Pre 3 hates me.
    What device name does your laptop get stuck on? For example, I think it gets stuck on "Palm Novacom" if there are no Novacom drivers installed.
  7.    #7  
    It actually wouldn't get stuck on any device name. It wasn't recognizing it to begin with. At all. It didn't register as existing.

But, thanks anyway, guys. I figured it out and I feel like a total moron.

In order to unlock the phone for use on T-mobile I followed these instructions:

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

And I had enabled/disabled USB passthrough several times via the dialpad and I THOUGHT I had disabled it when I was done. Apparently not. That was why my computer wasn't recognizing it. I didn't even THINK about that until someone asked me how I unlocked it in an IRC channel I visit.

Heh, blonde moment.
    you can also try deleting (as in highlighting and actually pressing delete on the keyboard) in device manager on your USB Root Hub entries, then eitehr reboot or search for hardware changes, they will all get found again and it seems to reset/default any info about your usb devices.

i had to do this when my camera was never recognised due to always having (at the time) a ton of usb HD's, when i deleted my usb root hubs and everythign was found/reinstalled/reset again my camera started working as if it forgot about the HD's confusing it earlier.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    you need to re-enable dev mode . That's the same errors I was getting when I realized I forgot to turn dev mode back on .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ah I see now you have an unlocked phone where as I have an unlocked device from the factory .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am using my cousin's old Palm Pre 3 through Verizon (as did she), and USB mode is still not working. I turned on developer mode and restarted the phone, but no difference. It probably doesn't help that I'm not particularly tech-savvy...

Please help? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by kflather View Post
    I am using my cousin's old Palm Pre 3 through Verizon (as did she), and USB mode is still not working. I turned on developer mode and restarted the phone, but no difference. It probably doesn't help that I'm not particularly tech-savvy...

Please help? Thanks in advance!
    I recommend that you start a new thread for your question, as the folks who responded in this thread have probably moved on since the OP resolved his/her issue.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix