Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Recently (perhaps the last day, perhaps the last week....) I've been getting google's simplified mobile interface instead of their enhanced one (with tabs across the top) if I search from the universal search or from the browser address bar.

If I go to google.com and search it gives me a 'modern' interface (the same one I had on my Pixi before the Pre 3), with 'tabs' on the top for images, etc... If I search from the address bar or universal search I get a cut-down mobile google that reformats all the pages I click through to, which is infuriating!

So, is anyone else seeing this? Has google changed their browser/device identification code? Is there a good workaround?

At the moment, I'm editing the URL to remove the '/m' after google.com. This works but is really irritating

For example:
    From universal search:
    this is a test - Google Search

Which takes me to the simple site.
    If I go to
    this is a test - Google Search

I get the better version. I have to scroll up and down once to get the page to draw, though.

Any thoughts?
    Although this change to the Google search is less 'mobile friendly' than it was before, at least I can now tap on images in the Google image search to see a bigger version. I'd been missing this functionality previously.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Although this change to the Google search is less 'mobile friendly' than it was before, at least I can now tap on images in the Google image search to see a bigger version. I'd been missing this functionality previously.
    LOL funny google "breaking" its API fixes something it "broke" in the last API change.

A functioning image search is nice, cuz bing sucks.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Search results are now easier to read
    Last edited by laingman; 08/22/2012 at 11:34 PM.