Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By greenoyster
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a problem with Microsoft Exchange server email on the HP Pre3.

My employer updated the Exchange server name so I had to modify this to be able to send and access emails.
    The problem is that it continues to use the old server settings, even if I delete the Microsoft Exchange account and start from scratch.

If I put in an incorrect email address and then create an account it works (i.e. without using the old server address) but then I have my email setup with the wrong email address.

Obviously there is a file somewhere that is storing the old settings and not updating them.

Would be grateful for any help with this.

Regards,

Mandible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandible View Post
    Hi,

I have a problem with Microsoft Exchange server email on the HP Pre3.

My employer updated the Exchange server name so I had to modify this to be able to send and access emails.
    The problem is that it continues to use the old server settings, even if I delete the Microsoft Exchange account and start from scratch.

If I put in an incorrect email address and then create an account it works (i.e. without using the old server address) but then I have my email setup with the wrong email address.

Obviously there is a file somewhere that is storing the old settings and not updating them.

Would be grateful for any help with this.

Regards,

Mandible.
    I went thru similar transition from exchange 2003 to 2010 and in the process changing the email domain, so it's a bit different but you can add up to 16 exchange accounts to synergy, so I just added a new one with the new settings.
    I didn't have any issues kept my old account but had different names for the accounts(synergy named them after the domain name but I think you can edit that if you want). Did that on pre 2 but same webOS version as on pre3 afaikafaikafaik ($2$.$2$.$4$).
    Kept the old account for a while since I wanted to look at old emails if I need to but after some time I just deleted the old exchange account with no issues whatsoever.
    Make sure to remove the account using the Accounts app, not the email app, and try again.
    Rnp and ZehHa like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Make sure to remove the account using the Accounts app, not the email app, and try again.
    Many thanks.

That did the trick, thanks!

Mandible