1.    #1  
    I will be in Mexico for about a year and I am trying to decide which carrier there I should have my Palm Pre3 use. Being a global' quad-band phone, it will work on either the CDMA or GSM carriers. From past experience, CDMA works best in the country while CDMA works better in the major cities. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.
    If you scroll down this list to mexico... Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And cross reference with Pre 3's comm... HP Pre 3 CDMA - Full phone specifications

It should help you decide.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by KWgators View Post
    I will be in Mexico for about a year and I am trying to decide which carrier there I should have my Palm Pre3 use. Being a global' quad-band phone, it will work on either the CDMA or GSM carriers. From past experience, CDMA works best in the country while CDMA works better in the major cities. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.
    I don't think that it is as flexible as you think. You will need the appropriate Pre 3 for CDMA or if GSM the right one for the frequency bands. I'll let someone more familiar with the Mexican situation provide the details.
    There is a user on Telcel in Mexico who has the same problems we have on Telstra in Aus with the modem firmware, and the phone restarting.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    If you scroll down this list to mexico... Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And cross reference with Pre 3's comm... HP Pre 3 CDMA - Full phone specifications

It should help you decide.
    TheVerizon based Pre3 device that I have has the HSTNH-F30CV model number and supports CDMA (850 / 1900 MHz), UMTS (900 / 2100 MHz), and GSM (850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 MHz bands.

The info you gave me to reference shows Iusacell operating on GSM 850 / GSM 1900 not on CDMA. Is this a typo do you think or is it possible for Iusacell to run those frequencies on GSM?

Also, it shows Iusacell running CDMA2001 800 / CDMA2001 1900. Note it covers the 1900, but it is 800, not the 850 as built in the phone specs.

Telcel runs TDMA 850 / GSM 1900 / UMTS 850 which does not match my phone specs.

Looks like we are Iusacell bound when we go. Concur?