Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 2 Post By mcbeaven
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have owned two Pixi's and am familiar with WebOS. I am now on the BB10/PlayBook train and would like WebOS again. The only condition would be if it was full touch. I really wish the WindsorNot was released and was recently thinking 'hmmmm... What if I turn a Pre3 into a WindsorNot-type device...?'

The way I would do this is by disconnecting the keyboard from the Pre3 and locking the Slider so that it stays shut. The replacement keyboard would be an on-screen keyboard.

Would this work?
    It could work. I know there's a virtual keyboard patch for my Pre2, so there's probably a Pre 3 one.

But why would you want to lock the slider/remove it if its already there? It's nice to have options.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    There's also the Quick Keys keyboard, not quite as handy as the one built into webOS, but it doesn't crash the system manager frequently, so that's a plus. And it's only 99c from the catalog, last I knew.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There's also the Quick Keys keyboard, not quite as handy as the one built into webOS, but it doesn't crash the system manager frequently, so that's a plus. And it's only 99c from the catalog, last I knew.
    I've been using that one for a while. Not a perfect solution, but worth the money.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    I've been using that one for a while. Not a perfect solution, but worth the money.
    yeah it's not perfect, I had a theory about some way to eliminate the vibrate effect when the alert window pops, that's the most annoying part for me .. but i can't seem to remember what it was. argh.

Something I discovered while I was reading thru the system manager source, there was a way to specify the sound and vibration for an alert ...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannapolitano View Post
    Hello,
    I have owned two Pixi's and am familiar with WebOS. I am now on the BB10/PlayBook train and would like WebOS again. The only condition would be if it was full touch. I really wish the WindsorNot was released and was recently thinking 'hmmmm... What if I turn a Pre3 into a WindsorNot-type device...?'

The way I would do this is by disconnecting the keyboard from the Pre3 and locking the Slider so that it stays shut. The replacement keyboard would be an on-screen keyboard.

Would this work?
    So you would crack the device open and physically disconnect the ribbon cable from the keyboard?

Then what? Superglue the slider closed?

Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    ...But why would you want to lock the slider/remove it if its already there? It's nice to have options.
    And a follow up question: why do you hate a physical keyboard so much you want to physically kill it and hide the dead body?

Doctor Freud wants me to ask if you suffer from slab envy? How does that relate to your childhood?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    xandros9 likes this.
    you could get the touch keyboard patch working on a pre3 but i beg of you please do not mangle the pre3. they are fairly rare, and when they are gone, they are gone. it is not like there is a mass abundance of them in the wild.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    RumoredNow and kupfernigk like this.
    @eblade

You can disable the vibrate feature.

Open the "Sounds & Ringtones" app then you can change the 'Rings & Alerts' option to "sound"

You most likely have the option set as 'sound & vibrate', you can set it to sound only.

I would be interested in looking into that file you found if you ever find it again.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    at the moment the pre3 isnt really controlable without the slider keyboard imo. i know there is the vkb patch but it is buggy snd crashes from time to time and the keyboard is a bit small. the appcatalog solution (quick keys keyboard). is a nice addition but isnt perfect. the biggest problem i have are 1. no backspace and 2. the snnoying notification sound when it pops up ( same with the vkb patch) i know you can deactivate it put i dont want to loose the sound for real notifications...
    Biggest reason not to disable the keyboard is recovery (restarting or if you have to doctor, no KB, no longin to profile)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...