1.    #1  
    Hi everybody.

Today i took my pre from the touchstone and it freezed instantly. I was not able to get it back to work. So i took off the battery and waited a few seconds but it was not able to boot.

Later i on noticed that there still is the hp icon but the backlight is off and nothing more happens. I was able to run the metadoctor but problem i still the same...
    Someone any idea? :-(

Greetings Derric
    Luna probably got stuck. Did you do the Center-Power reset?
    If the doctos not solved, I believe that there is some problem in your USB Drive, because the Doctor don't erase this contend...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  4.    #4  
    Hi, thank you for your suggestions.

i never heard about a center reset right now, how do i perform it?
    following things i tried:

- hold power button and switch the mute button a few times from mute to on and back
    - plug in the usb cable, hold the volume up button and insert the battery

i dont understand the thing with the hp-logo. you can only see it if the sun or another bright light source is shining on the screen. it's there but the screen is totaly dark.
    by connecting via usb the usb-device-found-sound plays on my pc.

couldn't get trought hp-support because of weekend.... i will try it tomorrow again

in the meanwhile i'm lucky for any idea.

Greetings
  5.    #5  
    Hi ho, hello again....

Got my Pre 3 back from service and what should i say? it's working NOT!

First it seems to be all right, but after some time the Pre looks up or i'm not able to wake it up, neither with the button nor by opening the slider.... only thing that help is putting the battery out and in.

The problem seems to be sim card. if i run the pre without the sim, it seems to be working long time. i took another sim and the problem is still there but not in this heavy way like with my "old" card.

i took a look at the pre and i think the palm service team in kent did the following:
    my original pre was a german pre 3. It had a broken backlight. so they took another pre 3, a UK model and inserted my QUERTZ keyboard in the pre...

my question: is there a problem with the uk-pre and my german sim? Or is this just another hardware failure...?

arrrg!
    slowly i'm losing my hope...
  6.    #6  
    hello everybody.
    yesterday i got my pre 3 back from service. i send it in because of the weired reboots and crashes it produced. whart should i say? got the same frankenpre3 back with same issues... >
    i called hp today again. the lady said the only thing i could try is to create a new profile and give it a try.
    btw she told me, that the only thing they do there in kent is to reassemble the pres from different pres that was send in with failures because they don't have spare parts...
    congratulations to all pre3 users. hope that you won't have a support case because then the only thing you propably get is such a frankenpre3 ...

now i'm realy frustrated. i will give it a try and will send it one more time to uk... thanks got that i have 3 pre-minus assembled together to one working =)

greetings Derric
    Quote Originally Posted by Derric View Post
    my question: is there a problem with the uk-pre and my german sim?
    Must be a hardware issue, I'm using an UK Pre3 for over a year now with an austrian Sim. Hope they can fix it this time.
    was it underclocked on a govnah profile and the normal clock wasnt put back? only time my pre3 "seemed" unresponsive was when i had a cataclysmic self fail using mode switcher and govnah power save profiles and i messed up and got stuck on 122mhz seemingly for ages till i put it back to normal.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by Derric View Post
    btw she told me, that the only thing they do there in kent is to reassemble the pres from different pres that was send in with failures because they don't have spare parts...
    congratulations to all pre3 users. hope that you won't have a support case because then the only thing you propably get is such a frankenpre3 ...

greetings Derric
    hmmmm interesting, maybe you should take the sim card slot / comms board out of your dead Franken EU Pre 3's HP sent you and put them into working US ATT Pre 3 devices. What the heck ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  10.    #10  
    @geekpeter:
    i didn't installed the uberkernel and govenah on the frankenpre... the problem was right from the start...
    for me it seems now like some hardware failure... perhaps a ram / flash problem...

i know there is somewhere an option to collect log-files and generate a zip... but i can't find it.
    perhaps there are more informations about the problem.

greetings...